Drinking on the course

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
On a saturday casual with mates that dont play often, I tend to crack out the beers at hole 10 (no halfway house at our place). We play for fun and its not competitive golf! One or two stubby cans loosen me up if anything :LOL: Always whack the cans in the bag or trolley until a bin pops up though. Hate litter.

Any rounds with handicapped golfers following a strict format, I dont drink on course!

D

Deleted member 23344

Never drunk any alcohol on the course. I have enough trouble playing when sober, let alone after a couple.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played with two guys yesterday that were on the cans from the first (off at 8.10). One plays off 3 and had 35 points off the whites and he simply can't play now without a drink. I find that sad and although he and those who know him well say he doesn't drink during the week the fact he drinks so much at weekends and has to drink to play can't be good. The other guy is my regular pairs partner and again, if he has had a good night in the pub the evening before, he'll normally top the levels up in the morning. Again I don't condone it but it's their choice.

And for the record, the guy off 3 gets a lift every weekend and my regular PP gets a cab as he's 10 minutes away. Neither drive to the club

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
[QUOTE="HomerJSimpson, post: 2246570, member: 489" the guy off 3 gets a lift every weekend and my regular PP gets a cab as he's 10 minutes away. Neither drive to the club[/QUOTE]

Just as well :)

The entrance to Newport GC is a very narrow single lane hump back bridge...In the days when drinking and driving was more common place, the story was, that the local police turned a blind eye if you were capable of driving over the bridge, you were capable of driving home.

Long before my day

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played with two guys yesterday that were on the cans from the first (off at 8.10). One plays off 3 and had 35 points off the whites and he simply can't play now without a drink. I find that sad and although he and those who know him well say he doesn't drink during the week the fact he drinks so much at weekends and has to drink to play can't be good. The other guy is my regular pairs partner and again, if he has had a good night in the pub the evening before, he'll normally top the levels up in the morning. Again I don't condone it but it's their choice.

And for the record, the guy off 3 gets a lift every weekend and my regular PP gets a cab as he's 10 minutes away. Neither drive to the club

Hmm, I'm sure you're great company... but ever thought it might be you! :unsure:
:LOL: