Drills

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

anyone got any drills to help with the release stage of the swing , for some reason apart from being a gimp , I can not seem to get how to roll my wrists/hands over .

I think I have explained it correct , sure some one will tell me if I haven't.

Cheers

Midnight...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The 'release' should happen naturally without you trying to manufacture a wrist roll to square the clubface up.
2 things you can check.....
Are you rolling your wrists on the backswing? If so, dont.
is your grip a little weak?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
In my experience, limited I know.

The only thing that comes from activley rolling the wrists through impact is shots that go low and left.

Listen to Bob (^) He's forgotten more than I'll ever know about the golf swing!

A

Alex1975

In my experience, limited I know.

The only thing that comes from activley rolling the wrists through impact is shots that go low and left.

Listen to Bob (^) He's forgotten more than I'll ever know about the golf swing!

Duck hook, I can do that!!! :eek:

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The 'release' should happen naturally without you trying to manufacture a wrist roll to square the clubface up.
2 things you can check.....
Are you rolling your wrists on the backswing? If so, dont.
is your grip a little weak?

Cheers Bob, my grip is weak as I have being trying to relax my right arm as I have been told I am to tense, I don't think I roll my wrists on the back swing. I do struggle to get/keep the club face square though.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You may be getting problems with releasing the club due to swinging too hard from the top. IMO the release is what happens two feet from the ball on the way down through to two feet past the ball. Try taking a nice smooth backswing, dont hurry the transition phase, bring the club down easy from the top and let it gradually gain momentum as it swings through the ball. Think of the action you would use to push a kid on a swing, slow from the top and gradually faster through the bottom of the arc. The 'release' will then happen all on it's own.