Draw Divots

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It really depends on how much 'draw' you are wanting. But the divot should definitely be curving to the left and, generally, pretty level across.

A divot that starts slightly to the right and finishes on target is probably about right.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
in the absence of these fancy curving ones referred to above I would have thought the answer is -

left to right across the target line

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The direction of the divot indicates the direction of the swingpath. If the swingpath is in, to square at impact, to in on the follow through the divot will point a little left because you take the divot after impact. If the clubface is square to the swingpath the ball will go straight, if it's closed the ball will start left & hook, if it's open it will start right & fade. A nice draw happens when the swingpath is in to out & the clubface is slightly closed in relation to the swingpath. In this case the divot may point right or towards the hole & the ball will start right & draw back to the centre.

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't get caught up thinking about divots. Golf is hard enough without worrying about what way they are pointing.

I'm sure Mark Crossfield done a video on them

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If your divot is waaaay off line then you might need to take a lookie at your swing IF the ball isn't going where you want it to.