Doubles

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played in the medal yesterday and had my first ever carded round with no doubles.
It's taken me 7 years and about 70 rounds. In my defence, our course is quite tricky with a number of holes where even a slightly bad shot brings the double into play.
For reference, my handicap has been between 9 and 12 for most of that time.
Can anyone beat that shocking blow up record?

Albo

Visit site
Me probably, I have I think gone double free but in 30 or so years of playing it’s been less than 10 times total and I’ve been between 7 and 18ish in that time (currently 9.7). Played today shot 80 had a triple on the 2nd

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think I've ever had a round without a double. Even on my best ever round of 76 I doubled the par 3 17th. At my home course, two 78s which had two and one double. It's just too easily done at my place. Basically any green is three-puttable if you're in the wrong place, and I only hit about a third of the greens in regulation at best.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Started double, par, bogey, bogey yesterday, and finished the front nine 2 over gross.
A six on the first is a bit of a disaster tbh, not a difficult hole sat all.

On the back nine, couldn’t buy a par, and everything was a bogey or double.

Golf.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played in the medal yesterday and had my first ever carded round with no doubles.
It's taken me 7 years and about 70 rounds. In my defence, our course is quite tricky with a number of holes where even a slightly bad shot brings the double into play.
For reference, my handicap has been between 9 and 12 for most of that time.
Can anyone beat that shocking blow up record?
My measure of 'success' is not so much avoidance of doubles, but, with 12 holes where there's water of some sort, avoidance of getting wet!