Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a summer knockout 4bbb today and was coming off some awful form and a mid week lesson.

I was giving shots all round and I seriously would have had difficulty hitting a cows arse with a banjo for the first 12 holes, I couldn't drive, play irons and had a couple of sh***s as well. My playing partner fared slightly better but not up to his normal form.

After 12 holes we were 5 down with 6 to play and after a drop from a ditch to a long par 4, nutted a 5 iron to 10ft for a gimmee 4 and then went birdie, par, bogie, par, par and then eagled the first playoff hole (par 5) with a chip in after going through the green in 2 to win the match

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I have a trip to France for a game on Friday and a 36 hole comp over Saturday and Sunday - anyone know where swings go to hide so I can find it if it leaves me?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
sounds like my last few matches, inc today...I blame a failure to learn young; despite nearly 40 years of playing I simply do not have a 'grooved swing' - make it up as I go along!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
sounds like my last few matches, inc today...I blame a failure to learn young; despite nearly 40 years of playing I simply do not have a 'grooved swing' - make it up as I go along!

Oh I have a grooved swing Duncan, I just can't remember which particular groove it goes in!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You need a set of plus fours with checkered socks Chris, it will bring out the best I'm you.

On a serious note it happens, but good to see you can pull it back under pressure.

Now..... These checkered socks.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You need a set of plus fours with checkered socks Chris, it will bring out the best I'm you.

On a serious note it happens, but good to see you can pull it back under pressure.

Now..... These checkered socks.....

Brightly coloured for me is black Baz