Don't have a clue, but love it.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Well, after a period not having a clue what irons to use, I’m back using my AP2s. When I first got them all was fine and danddy, then after a while I kinda went off them bringing out the R7s again. My mate was using them for a little while, so when I got them back I gave them another go and I’m back in bed with them.

Played today, cold air, full greens, mats right at the rear of the tees, so the wet course was playing at it’s full length. Got to the 13th on level par with a couple of birdies and bogies thrown in. Stroke index 1, all of 452 yards and I hit my drive to leave 197 to the centre. I don’t think I’ve ever hit a more pure 3 iron in all my days it just went straight at the flag, carried to the green, running out about 20 foot past for an easy 4.

The R7s are under the stair, (again) the AP2s are back in the bag and they were all but sold a we while back.

What does this tell me……read the first few lines again.

I love this game.

:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I kinda understand where you are coming from. When I got my R9's I kept the Tour Burners and planned to flog them on. I quickly realised the R9's were a mistake (bought in haste) and switched back for a while until the answer to my prayers came in the form of my TP's. Funnily enough in the period between the R9's and the TP's I started palying well again as though the Burners were trying to prove a point (which clearly I didn't listen to)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
AP2s are excellent irons I wouldnt swap them anything except a new 2010 set :D

They do mark quite easily as with most forged irons thats the only thing.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've used the clear firm silicon castle bay covers since day one and they still look really well for clubs that were bought right back when they were first released. They have very few dings. Definitely won't be changing them for a long time unless something dramatically changes.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yer a tube man!!!! :D

You just can't part with those R7's. They will call you every time you pass those stairs. They will be back in the bag before the winter is out