Done with Golf

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's it in the title really I'm done.

Have had no interest for quite some time, went through the motions of playing for the sake of it last year and hated it meaning I last played in August. Tried going to the range a few times since January and have hit the ball pretty well but absolutely no enjoyment from it.

Last straw yesterday playing for the first time since August with my dad and brother at their course, played well shot 79 which is level to handicap but all the way round just felt I don't want to do this anymore, even my dad said he's never seen someone so miserable that took the money and played well.

So I have proven to myself I don't have the interest anymore, I may find it in a few years time to start again but no point clubs gathering dust so from tomorrow everything in my signature will be in the for sale section and I will be spending my weekends, doing the other sports in my life Taekwondo and running around with the kiddies.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
You only live once so do what you enjoy. If golf has lot that appeal then fair play for admitting it, if it was after a bad round I wwould say have a think but obviously its the same even after playing well.

Enjoy the rest of your pursuits :thup:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a decision made for the right reasons - ie. not on the back of poor play.

Enjoy the kids and kicking!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

Have had no interest for quite some time, went through the motions of playing for the sake of it last year and hated it meaning I last played in August. Tried going to the range a few times since January and have hit the ball pretty well but absolutely no enjoyment from it.

Last straw yesterday playing for the first time since August with my dad and brother at their course, played well shot 79 which is level to handicap but all the way round just felt I don't want to do this anymore, even my dad said he's never seen someone so miserable that took the money and played well.

So I have proven to myself I don't have the interest anymore, I may find it in a few years time to start again but no point clubs gathering dust so from tomorrow everything in my signature will be in the for sale section and I will be spending my weekends, doing the other sports in my life Taekwondo and running around with the kiddies.

Can I have your Vokey wedges :D

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fader I know how you feel I've felt like that two year previous of this one
Moved club in October and best thing I've ever done this year was going to be a test to see if I got some more interest and to be honest only march and its been one f my favourite year in golf so far :)

Loving the sport again

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's a shame but I can relate, I got to my lowest 11 whilst having a break from motocross, I'd had a good solid game and on the 18th took on the tiger line, out over the pond on the right of the fairway with a touch of draw to leave me the shortest distance into the green. My playing partners applauded the shot, I purchased another bike the next day!

Some times you know when it's time.

Ps pm me the details on the adams fairway ;)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

good for you, do what you want and like, golf can drain 5 hrs of your life away sometimes (incl travel time etc) and if you dont enjoy it do what you do enjoy.

I bet you'll still watch...and enjoy the masters and Open but playing can wait.

All the best matey

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I have your Vokey wedges :D

Seriously make me an offer and their yours.

All the gear going up tomorrow on here once I've sorted pictures out.

Certainly made the decision over a period of time and not due to bad play. I moved clubs last year to see if it was that i was stale in where i was but that made no difference. Yesterday confirmed to me that the love is gone, I will watch the Masters, Open and Ryder Cup but only if i'm home at the time certainly wont be going out of my way to catch coverage though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good luck with whatever you do and hopefully see you regain your love for the game in the future :thup:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had exactly the same with squash, was plating 3 or 4 nights a week, decided I no longer enjoyed it so stopped, have played once in the last 25 years. Do what you enjoy, if golf rears it's head again all well and good. Good luck and be happy.

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone who puts an orange driver into play must be pretty desperate lol. Only joking - I meant white putter. Sad to hear you're not enjoying golf, but you get out what you put in I guess. No urge to try for lower handicap? Try to master some blades and a persimmon driver just for the fun of it?

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All the best for the future. I had the same experience with cricket about 22 years ago. Had played constantly from age 5 to 35, to a reasonably good club standard, and just fell out of love with it. Golf then took over.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck with other pursuits.

We all have to change things about once in a while, you are clearly not doing this because of poor form and i'm sure one day you will choose to come back to golf.

Enjoy your time with the kids.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You dont have to play golf Fader its as simple as that.Ive been there myself and came back to the game but my interest is nowhere near as strong as it was.Quite ironic really quitting on a 79 as theres plenty of golfers out there who would love to score as you do :D.Lets face it theres other things in life that dont involve hitting a tiny white ball across a field.......

andybarc

Medal Winner
Visit site
Tough call, but maybe the right one. Golf isn't going anywhere. You can always come back.

I worry sometimes about about playing partners and their attitudes to the game. I know a few guys who just don't seem to enjoy the game and could do with taking up something else. Usually it's because they aren't playing how they wish to. Without exception, these are guys who played to low handicaps when they were youngsters. What they've forgotten is that as youngsters though, they spent far more time playing and practising! Besides being more energetic, fearless and flexible!

For my part, as a newbie to the game, though I am not much good, I am getting better rather than worse. And I have no expectation of becoming Tiger Woods and no memory of having done things I can no longer do. I think this helps keep me fairly chilled. (Though I did suffer some rageahol yesterday after missing a 2 footer!)