Dodds goes at SGU / Fee increase abandoned

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
And the SGM has been cancelled with the consultation extended to March.

I hope the consultation includes more transparency. They can double the fees if it gives value for money across all areas of golf. 90% of golfers are above Cat 1 yet 25% of their budget is spent on elite development, i.e. on less than 2% of the organisation. An operating profit of nearly £500k and a reserve of £1.4mill. All achieved with one time amalgamation costs of £130k.

Come up with a plan that supports all of Scottish Golf and I'll happily pay.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope the consultation includes more transparency. They can double the fees if it gives value for money across all areas of golf. 90% of golfers are above Cat 1 yet 25% of their budget is spent on elite development, i.e. on less than 2% of the organisation. An operating profit of nearly £500k and a reserve of £1.4mill. All achieved with one time amalgamation costs of £130k.

But you'll be in Spain :smirk:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Just imagine how much of a reserve they would have without the great big white elephant called Drumoig!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
They pumped millions into a facility that failed. Not to be confused with the Hotel and golf course though

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf/...cottish-golf-faces-up-to-rough-times-1-618801

Not just that their ignorance of all advice relating to it being built in the wrong place and still ploughing blindly ahead with the we know best attitude.

Now they just expect another bail out and the club golfer has just to accept it. It's the average club golfers that get nothing back in return.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have been told that the SGM has been cancelled as they have gotten wind of the regional golf Union's we're planning in holding a vote of no confidence in them.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not just that their ignorance of all advice relating to it being built in the wrong place and still ploughing blindly ahead with the we know best attitude.

Now they just expect another bail out and the club golfer has just to accept it. It's the average club golfers that get nothing back in return.

I used the facility every week and was a cracking base, ok it was to close to St Andrews but the world doesn't revolve the west coast or central belt

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Course it does! ;)

Now now Karen our west friend seems to think it does, it was cracking facility which was widely used by the public on this side of the country as it saved people who wanted to practise go to st andrews ,yes it was badly run but it would have been the same where ever you put it. Its now run by Stuart Syme and is back to its best and very busy some nights you struggle for a bay

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Now now Karen our west friend seems to think it does, it was cracking facility which was widely used by the public on this side of the country as it saved people who wanted to practise go to st andrews ,yes it was badly run but it would have been the same where ever you put it. Its now run by Stuart Syme and is back to its best and very busy some nights you struggle for a bay

I don't seem to think anything. If it made money and didn't lose millions it wouldn't have closed. You don't close a money making facility and pay off staff.

Stupid comment.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't seem to think anything. If it made money and didn't lose millions it wouldn't have closed. You don't close a money making facility and pay off staff.

Stupid comment.

Explain why its a stupid comment then Craw if you put it on your door step it would still lose money ,right or wrong

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Explain why its a stupid comment then Craw if you put it on your door step it would still lose money ,right or wrong

The consultation process stated quite clearly that they were building it in the wrong place. The mass population in Scotland is the central belt. That constitutes Glasgow, Edinburgh. That is fact, not made up nonsense. SGU decided they knew better and went ahead with the facility regardless. Guess who was proved right???

I never once mentioned East or West, for whatever reason you decided to add that into your argument. I'm not at liberty nor do I have the answer to your question whether the facility would have survived in Glasgow/Edinburgh area but what I will say is you would have geographically had access to roughly 3.5 million punters. Dundee from what I can last find (2016) has a population of 149,000. No idea what Fife has.

Again for whatever reason you seem to have taken the hump and defended the driving range. Its a decent range but the range is not the issue, although its no better than a World of Golf or a Mearns Castle.