Do you play Wilson di7 or Mizuno mx-19 irons? your views

damslice

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone on here using the wilson di7 irons or the mizuno mx-19. just looking for some feedback on them before i try/buy.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a set of Di7 irons that I bought about 4 months ago. As a high handicapper I love them. They are forgiving and straight and very very long. They are on average 10 yards longer per club. I tried the MX-19s at the time and was not as impressed, were shorter and not quite as forgivnig for me. That said, they can be picked up for a bargain price if you play the major retailers against each other. Could get very little discount of Di7s but had American Golf online willing to sell me a set of MX-19 for £250.00 and this was not long after they had been released.

The Di7s are perfect for me and even better now that I have had them properly custom fitted.

damslice

Hacker
Visit site
Did you get your di7's from american golf, is there fitting service good? not sure how they can do proper fitting without seeing ball flight outside, do they use computer software in there stores to see how clubs are doing for you?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually bought mine from Direct Golf's store near Cambridge that has driving range. Have bought other clubs from American Golf and they have a monitor in my local branch which shows how the shot would have travelled. To be honest, I suspect most Custom Fitting services offered are simply based on static measurements and an impact board in any event. It only appears to be a few places that offer anything more than that.

damslice

Hacker
Visit site
i remember you know, we spoke before in another thread, about you not being to happy with the service you got with a set of clubs. Ill have to get down to my local direct golf and give them a bash.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
True, had a few problems but, to be fair, the company eventually took them back and carried out the fitting to the measurements I had been given by a Wilson Staff fitter. I think I was just unlucky with the sales staff I had.

If you decide on the MX-19s though, let me know and I will pass you details of the person who agreed to sell them to me for £250.00

xander

Hacker
Visit site
i play the mx-17's as i slightly preferred them to the 19's and they are a hell of a lot cheaper now that the mx-19's have replaced them and they are just being sold off.
i think the di7's are excellent clubs but they are not as game improving as the mizuno's ( imo )

Norman

Visit site
Love my Di7, easy to handle. Got mine with UST proforce v2 shaft. Only problem i have is that they are going pretty high and in windy conditions i have to try to hold the ball down, but it works...