Do you love your putter?

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Brought my first putter a ping answer (the one with the ping insert on the face) because I liked the look of it, not sure it ever really suited me but I had a soft spot for it and it was ok. Swapped for a Odyssey Seven which is much better for me (distance control wise) and think it’ll stay in the bag for a while yet.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've only owned one putter at a time, and that's 6 since 1996. Currently, I love my Scotty Cameron futura X 8, fitted for me by Matt Johns at The London Putting Academy, Royal Blackheath GC. I get the feeling this one won't be going anywhere for quite a while!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love my putter so much I bought a second one in case I break or lose the first one.

Never Compromise Exchange 2 CS mallet

It comes with a system for changing the weight of it to suit different green speeds so one is weighted for summer greens and the other for winter greens.

Bought despite still having a Never Compromise Z omega CS mallet because of the weighting system

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Had our first proper date today....I used her at every opportunity and she rewarded me with a soft feel and sublime control, to the point where I was left teetering on the edge multiple times. We just need to tune in to each others needs and then the honeymoon can begin.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had our first proper date today....I used her at every opportunity and she rewarded me with a soft feel and sublime control, to the point where I was left teetering on the edge multiple times. We just need to tune in to each others needs and then the honeymoon can begin.
So what you're saying is that you missed a few...:whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't love my putter and it doesn't love me. We'll be ticking along nicely and I'll think everything is tickety boo and then it'll get a strop on and refuse to work so I decide to give it some space. I'll call up another (we're just good friends, purely platonic) and it'll look after me but after a while the replacement will get the vibe my original putter is prepared to forgive and forget so downs tools as if to say "I'm out of here". The original (an Odyssey Pro type #9 with milled face) will then return and try to make up by holing loads for a while but then we'll both get back into old habits so the cycle will begin again

Funt1m3

Visit site
I’ve had mine for 15 years. I’m reminded of the Mickey Flanagan scene with her “a crap sh#g, but she does make a lovely sandwich”

Fortunately it’s not the worst part of my game, so it stays in the bag until it is

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I love my black spotty, but it's not been back in the bag since lockdown. I tend to use an old bashed putter over winter, esp as there tends to be fair bit of sand on the greens over winter and that scuffs the black finish and gets in the milled groves on the face. Never got round to swapping back after the first lockdown

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not since I used a LAB Putter I dont.

Im mildly obsessed with LAB putters now but I'll never pay the money for one :ROFLMAO: I cant describe how different a stroke feels, its mental.