do you lose handicap ?

Yogidog1

Visit site
Wondering if you take a year out do you lose your handicap ? Or how long does handicap stay same before you need to re-enter new cards ? all replies appreciated

wjemather

Visit site
Handicaps become 'pending' while the player are no longer a member of an affiliated club. Upon rejoining (or joining another club), it immediately becomes valid again with no requirement for submission of further scores (as long as the club are given the correct cdh number), although the handicap committee may wish to conduct a full review which would likely require submission of scores. There is also no restriction on the length of time elapsed.

Note also, that some clubs may require further evidence of current ability (e.g. through submission of general play scores) before allowing entry into competitions.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are not a member of an affiliated club or part of one the Regional Golf schemes you do not have a handicap.

When you rejoin a club you should let the new/old club know you have previously held a handicap and they will 'resurrect' your record.

It will would then be up to the committee to decide if it needs reviewing.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do scores drop off handicap record under WHS? Since Scottish golf transferred system I've lost scores and only have 9 on record.

Not too fussed as I haven't played much post the 2020 season, so handicap is inaccurate anyway.

wjemather

Visit site
Do scores drop off handicap record under WHS? Since Scottish golf transferred system I've lost scores and only have 9 on record.

Not too fussed as I haven't played much post the 2020 season, so handicap is inaccurate anyway.
There is no expiration date for scores - they should remain on your record.
You missing scores will be as a result of a problem during the migration. You should contact your handicap committee for them to report it.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is no expiration date for scores - they should remain on your record.
You missing scores will be as a result of a problem during the migration. You should contact your handicap committee for them to report it.

Thanks that's what I thought but couldn't find confirmation anywhere. I've reported but they don't seem to be the best, still showing as a member of my old club despite asking for it to be updated.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks that's what I thought but couldn't find confirmation anywhere. I've reported but they don't seem to be the best, still showing as a member of my old club despite asking for it to be updated.
Probably your old club hasn't done its bit.