Do u think 1 manufacturer can make the perfect full set?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If you understand what perfect means, then obviously not - a mix n match wouldn't be either.
They are all pretty similar these days, especially if fitted. Go with what suits your eye.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
A perfect set for someone is junk to another person. Everyone likes different looks/feels needs different things from different clubs. I certainly wouldn't close myself off to every brand bar 1, just seems a daft thing to do

Lummy86

Visit site
A perfect set for someone is junk to another person. Everyone likes different looks/feels needs different things from different clubs. I certainly wouldn't close myself off to every brand bar 1, just seems a daft thing to do
I agree. I have a tm driver titleist 3 wood. Callaway rescue. Tm irons vokey wedges and a tm spider putter and I feel they all do the best job for me.

AdamC28

Visit site
I currently have a mixed bag and think 5hats the best way to go about it.
If i were to only stick with one manufacturer from top to bottom then I would probably go with Callaway.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
As has been said, it depends what your idea of perfect is.

I'll sometimes play one brand, even one model within that brand, but on other days I like to play a mixed bag.

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
How many people do you know with just 1 brand in the bag?
I've only got 1 brand throught that bag.

There has certainly been cases on tour of players winning that were unattached to a certain brand and had a mix of clubs/ball. i think Patrick Reed was one when he won the Masters, and i'm pretty sure there was another major winner recently but can't recall who.

D

Deleted member 23270

I've only got 1 brand throught that bag.

There has certainly been cases on tour of players winning that were unattached to a certain brand and had a mix of clubs/ball. i think Patrick Reed was one when he won the Masters, and i'm pretty sure there was another major winner recently but can't recall who.
Which brand have you got?

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Good choice as they make decent woods, irons and wedges. Callaway ball too? And also glove and umbrella? ?

Yes to all, Supersoft or chromesoft ball, Dawn Patrol glove, i have a few brollys including a callaway one, don't forget the bag too, and a few polos. :) although most of my clothing including shoes are under armour.

I am a bit of a sucker for brand loyalty.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can? - definitely yes.

However, even if you limit your options to 6, (driver, fw, h, irons, wedges, putter) the chances of any one manufacturer having the optimum in all those, for any individual, at any point in time, are slim (but then again the number of golfers is huge).

But one day later another manufacturer may produce an element better suited to the individual!

Given that almost no golfers actually use the optimum for each option for them anyway (including 99% of professionals) it's a very mute point!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am pretty OCD about my set up and whatever brand I've payed over the years have preferred to have the same make in throughout bar the putter. At the moment I am playing Ping through the bag with the exception of an odyssey putter. Would I do better mixing and matching? Arguably so but would I feel 100% comfy having a set of irons from one make and then swapping to a hybrid in another, or different woods at the top end and different wedges at the bottom.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very few of the pros have only one make in the bag

A club maker can make the perfect set for one pro and that pro would probably have all the same make in the bag.

They might make a totally different set for another pro.