do any amateur + golfers on here play on a tour?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
MadAdey, that was the post I meant to write in reply but I couldn't find the key word. The moment you said frustration everything fell into place. Really good post and summed up the feelings of the person that I was trying, and failed, to get across.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played 1836Tour, and the MasterCard Tour back in the older days, also been to Open qualifying

I think the OP was hoping, and others, that you would expand a little on your answer. What was it like, good and bad points, general experience? Interesting for us hackers to hear.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
7 X is pretty impressive. Assume he will be playing on a higher ranked tour next year ?
Jamega isn’t a feeder to any other tours.
Strangely he finished 9th at Europro tour school but didn’t play any events on it this year....

Maybe decided to clean up against the lower level of wannabes for a year and then have a bankroll for 2018?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Interesting thread for me as the Jamega Tour was founded by a couple of my old friends/clubmates. One was a world class junior amateur who just failed to get his Tour Card on about three occasions.

Good to see that in a generation the sons/grandsons of some of the original players are on the leader boards.

I did not think that it would succeed when first started but, fair play to them, they saw an emerging market and went with it.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting thread for me as the Jamega Tour was founded by a couple of my old friends/clubmates. One was a world class junior amateur who just failed to get his Tour Card on about three occasions.

Good to see that in a generation the sons/grandsons of some of the original players are on the leader boards.

I did not think that it would succeed when first started but, fair play to them, they saw an emerging market and went with it.

Are we talking Gary Harris?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Different Jamie mate. This one won 7x on Jamega tour this year

I saw a load of players hitting balls on the practice ground the day before on the practice day. Even at this level you could see a world of difference the way a few players hit it (and the sound) and the rest. Unsurprisingly, Jamie Abbott (who won the order of merit at a canter http://www.jamegatour.co.uk/order-of-merits/order-of-merit-4.html) was one of the minority and his ball striking was class. I wonder what he'll do in 2018. Surely he'll what to test himself at a higher level

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw a load of players hitting balls on the practice ground the day before on the practice day. Even at this level you could see a world of difference the way a few players hit it (and the sound) and the rest. Unsurprisingly, Jamie Abbott (who won the order of merit at a canter http://www.jamegatour.co.uk/order-of-merits/order-of-merit-4.html) was one of the minority and his ball striking was class. I wonder what he'll do in 2018. Surely he'll what to test himself at a higher level
Hey, just noticed Sam Forgan from our place finished 14th. Had no idea he was even competing! :eek: