DIY help - laminate floor scratch

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I have a roughly 6 inch scratch across 3 laminate floor sections. It appears as though something has been dragged across them and caused a black "scratch".

I've had a look on youtube and have since tried olive oil and wd40 with no effect. My Mrs bought one those wax pen things and the colours are a mile off.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of this kind of repair or suggestions on ho it could be treated? I accept it won't fully disappear but I'd like to make it less noticeable.

Cheers
Adam

IMG_20200530_114831.jpg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I have a roughly 6 inch scratch across 3 laminate floor sections. It appears as though something has been dragged across them and caused a black "scratch".

I've had a look on youtube and have since tried olive oil and wd40 with no effect. My Mrs bought one those wax pen things and the colours are a mile off.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of this kind of repair or suggestions on ho it could be treated? I accept it won't fully disappear but I'd like to make it less noticeable.

Cheers
Adam

View attachment 30927
It looks like whatever it was has bounced over the boards .
If it hasn’t dug into the board a pencil eraser might get some off .
Rub with the grain.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or a gentle rub with cif.

It look more like a deposit left from the 'dragged' article (eg the rubber/plastic foot of a chair).

Vanish - no
Cif -no

It may not be clear from photo, but what you're looking at isn't dirt/scuff. It is where something appears to have been dragged over the floor and put a "scratch" into the flooring.

DCB

Visit site
Try some very fine wire wool and white spirit. Work along the grain over the area affected. That may remove the Mark's.

U

User62651

Try getting Rustins grain filler, comes in a little tin and should improve the look of that. There are a few colour options. After you have filled the scratches I find a little linseed or finishing oil rubbed in can help hide the marks.