DIY golf analytics

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone used any good tools (i.e. excel templates, phone apps or software) for golf analytics. I'd like to enter hole scores for each round in that last 2 years or so and get stats like:

My best and worst holes by score to par.
Average pars/birdies/bogeys per round with a year on year comparison.
Any other insights would be a bonus.

We use masterscoreboard at my club which give some basic analytics, but I'd like to use the data on there to get slightly more info.

Advice appreciated.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone used any good tools (i.e. excel templates, phone apps or software) for golf analytics. I'd like to enter hole scores for each round in that last 2 years or so and get stats like:

My best and worst holes by score to par.
Average pars/birdies/bogeys per round with a year on year comparison.
Any other insights would be a bonus.

We use masterscoreboard at my club which give some basic analytics, but I'd like to use the data on there to get slightly more info.

Advice appreciated.

In terms of value and ease of use, GolfShake is pretty impressive nowadays.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Serious question.......what are you planning to do with the information once you have it?

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Serious question.......what are you planning to do with the information once you have it?

Nothing initially. I'm just interested to see how my stats have shifted over time. I'd also like to see how the holes on my course rank for me in terms of difficulty.

I've taken my masterscoreboard data and pasted into excel and created a few pivots which do the job, but not very efficiently.

I reckon I'll try golfshake or scoresaver as suggested above. not looking to go to shots gained just yet until I can afford the Shot Scope
Read more at http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?97743-DIY-golf-analytics#FQSWbLpV5dDFGYzL.99

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pretty easy thing to build in excel I've got a basic macro template set up for adding my data (essentially the same as golfshake). A little bit of vba is much better than the pivot options imo.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
It has its critics, and I definitely get where they're coming from, but I use Golfshake as mentioned above. Input all the details and the handicap tracker is useful as I'm not a club member.

The display of stats is excellent, definitely suggest giving it a go. It's free after all!