DivotEnd

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
My Club has introduced a compulsory fairway mat (from everywhere) policy for the first time. They've provided "multimats" and I can't get on with them. Read good things about DivotEnd (formerly called Rocket Launcher) mats so bought one. Any experiences? Confused about tee height for driver.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've had one of these for years. I like them but some people don't as the mat compresses when you hit it so it can be possible to get under your wedges too much if you're someone who sweeps the ball off the turf rather than hit down on it. If you can adjust to that, I think they're great. If it's like mine it came with two different height rubber tees for driving but really down to using what suits you.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
My Club has introduced a compulsory fairway mat (from everywhere) policy for the first time. They've provided "multimats" and I can't get on with them. Read good things about DivotEnd (formerly called Rocket Launcher) mats so bought one. Any experiences? Confused about tee height for driver.
I use one hated the astro always had the fear it’d go flying. As per above I bought the tees with it too really easy to use. Keep it in your pocket during the round supposedly works better not cold

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Can't you just stick a normal tee in the rubber tee? I heard people did that.

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yeah it’s the bend that’s thrown me. They do 2 tee sizes which I took to be equivalent to pink and grey/orange Castles. I bought the smaller, but the bend means the ball is not sitting nearly as high as it would on a pink Castle. From the ground yes, but from the mat surface no.

So I can buy the higher tee or, as suggested just stick a grey/orange through the hole. So I’m wondering if the fact I can’t usually hit from such a high tee is down to the “perceived” height from the ground, and the bend in the mat will make it look like pink height.

I guess I’ll find out at the weekend :)

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't really notice the mat as it is designed to give way.

That’s why I chose it over the others. As you said in your first reply it suits a digger over a sweeper and Im very much a digger. Decent size steak divots with my wedges!!

But driver is of course a sweep. So in order to miss the matt, because of it’s curvature, I’ll have to put it on a much higher tee than I’m used to. It will look the same at address as the matt will look like the ground but it isn’t. So it isn’t just a matter of perception. It’s analogous to hitting off a higher tee at the range. You either have to change your swing or move the ball further up in the stance. I’ve tried both and just can’t hit the ball well.

Overthinking as usual :) I’ll try different heights tomorrow.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've tried several versions but couldn't get on with them. Loss of distance and too spinny into wind.
Just bought a callaway one on advice of friends. Way better.