Digging holes on the course

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a text from a mate earlier who lives opposite our course and walks his dog over there, he caught some utter cockwomble metal detecting and actually digging holes with a spade on the course. Whilst not technically trespassing/vandalising as its comon forest land this moron has the whole of the New Forest to go detecting but instead he chooses to do it on the course, 'because he can'. Words fail me:mad::mad:

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It always infuriates me when we play the New Forest the amount of dozy clowns walking across the course. Yes, it's common ground but, as you say, they've got the whole of the Forest to wander around in.....

Never had that problem at Burley though.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It always infuriates me when we play the New Forest the amount of dozy clowns walking across the course. Yes, it's common ground but, as you say, they've got the whole of the Forest to wander around in.....

Never had that problem at Burley though.
Well golfers play golf in the trees.;)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got a text from a mate earlier who lives opposite our course and walks his dog over there, he caught some utter cockwomble metal detecting and actually digging holes with a spade on the course. Whilst not technically trespassing/vandalising as its comon forest land this moron has the whole of the New Forest to go detecting but instead he chooses to do it on the course, 'because he can'. Words fail me:mad::mad:

Couldn't your mate just divest him of said spade,introduce the flat side to his rear cranium(using an in-to-out swing),and then bury the divot, thus creating a slight bump on the fairway which,depending on which side players land can surely help with learning to play either a downhill lie or a sidehill lie.
This improvement to the course would surely help with players learning to cope /play from a) a hanging lie or b) the ball above the feet lie and the problem shots that can arise from this unexpected addition to the course??
Of course,taken logically this sort of fairway alteration could be applied to all fairways(dependent of course on availability of 'cockwombles!)
*May have to consult with Rulefan as to whether such additions(improvements?) to said course would in fact lead to a change in the stroke index for handicapping purposes?

Another good point may be the local policing attitude to staying away from said course in order to comply with COVID rulings and safe distancing.
Just a few thoughts on the subject-workable do you think?:devilish::whistle: