• free

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • banned/doubtful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played this morning in a heavy frost after a break of nearly one week (what happened there?)
Muddled around the front nine in reasonable style, waiting for things to pick up, but after I 3-putted the 12th it was downhill all the way. Disastrus 14th, also 17th, and 5 on the eighteenth Par 3.
Aagh
The question is, bearing in mind forecast for tomorrow is similar, do I cut my losses and cower indoors, or go out and try to do better before teh weekend rain arrives. (Risking further bad round and attack of golfer's depression over festive season).
What should I do (and I have never tried one of those polls, so going to give it a go).
Please reply by 10pm tonight!

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of Course you should Play. The first thing on your mind should be Go to the range tonight, then Get to the club in the morning and hit that first Fairway! Go on son you can do it!!!!!!

Unless im playing snooker to mo thats what im doing!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been out twice this week. Ground solid. Pitching, chipping and putting impossible but great fun if you don't take it too seriously.

For December this is unusually wonderful weather - crisp and bright.

Was it Mark Twain who said golf is a good walk spoilt? He could never have gone out at this time of year. Golf is an excuse for a good walk in pleasant company.

Go on. Wrap up warm and enjoy yourself.

B

birdieman

AliB, of course you should go but like any intrepid winter explorer you should have the obligatory hip flask of Scotch in your card pocket. A wee dram or 5 might not help your golf but it'll keep you warm and merry whilst your frostbitten fingers fall off after that thinned three iron!
This would also be an instance when you can drink and 'drive' and they can't touch you for it! :)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I played on Sunday and the frost ruined the greens and the mats they put out where hopeless, from now til March I shall on on the range and 12 hole 3 par course.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go on mate get back on the horse!!!

Im going out tomorrow in my 2nd skin gear and polo shirt going to freeze my knackers off.

Just finished work for Xmas so cant wait to get out for a full 18 holes again.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
YES - Definately, makes the comp a bit of a lottery and you never know, Santa might bring you some pro shop vouchers ;o)

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have said NO Ali cos its only 3 days to Christmas and you wimin have a lot to organise so leave the high fades and hit the high street. Have you got all the trimmings in? The stuffing? Is Mr B's hoose spick and span? I guess if all your chores are done you could grab a quick 9.

;)

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Ali B - I'm in North Bristol and can vouch for the fact that it's absolutely freezing outside. It hasn't got above 0 degrees all day today.

My advice, stay indoors, get stuck into a bottle of wine, and venture back onto the golf course when the turf is significantly softer. Playing golf on something that resembles the M4 isn't much fun.

PS - Sorry I missed the 10PM deadline by 17 minutes ;)

DHM.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, thanks for all the advice.
As you will have guessed, I ignored most of you and got back up on the horse/bike/first tee, despite a day that although theoretically less cold, was decidedly dreich with a raw wind.
ANYWAY why keep you in suspense? By concentrating on my shoulder turn and putting positively I had a solid if unspectacular round of 90, equalling Homer's famous 38 points, though thankfully avoiding any tinkering with handicaps (this time of year?)
So, let joy be unconfined, Happy Christmas to the world - and to all of you.
Time to deck halls, make pastry and generally satisfy madandra's need to know I am in my rightful place ;)
Thanks for your company and will be in touch ere long.

AliB

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's a miracle we're all still alive after all these years of turkey washing, drinking water and generally doing as we've been told.
My best to your wimminfolk too.I think it's time they escaped from the kitchen and took up golf (or shopping at the very least)
AliB