Difference with Driver from range to course

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
At the range, tend to hit a high slight fade with the driver. Last few rounds on the course, exclusively draws, with a few ugly hooks thrown in for good measure. Tending to grip a bit tight, gritting teeth, and trying to hit too hard???

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Yeah I tend to go for the bays where i can use my own tees, and don't hit many as the tees often fly forwards!

Siolag

Visit site
I hate hitting driver at the range. Those fat rubber tees make it feel and sound awful, and they're never the right height either.
Yeah I tend to go for the bays where i can use my own tees, and don't hit many as the tees often fly forwards!

A guy at the weekend put an orange plastic tee into the rubber bit for that reason, he saw me looking and said "its much better".

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I hate hitting driver at the range. Those fat rubber tees make it feel and sound awful, and they're never the right height either.
Couldn't agree more, went to the range yesterday for some Driver work and realised how much I hate hitting the driver at the range. It just never feels right, horrible rubber tee things, mat too close to the bay barrier, nothing about it is good.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
What I found to be one of the biggest problems was that there is too much to help with alignment at the range that you don't have on the course. If you're hitting a straight drive at the range you have a square mat and a square bay. I started aiming left or right from the mat and that seemed to make the practice a bit more worthwhile.