Dale hill golf course and hotel.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all,

Anyone played the above? How does it hold up to the winter weather?

Cheers

Midnight...

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I live up the road. Played it a few times over the last few years. It’s… fine. When it’s in good condition it’s up there with the nicest kept in the area. When it’s not, it really suffers.
The woosie, although not massively long always seems to feel like a slog. The old is a tad cramped and the 16th and 17th (I think it is) don’t really seem to fit as they were re-modelled when the woosie was built.

Personally (I’m in TW) for winter golf around here I head down to the South Downs, play courses like Lewes and Eastbourne downs, Willingdon, Seaford. They’re on chalk, drain better. Just watch the wind!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Dale Hill, like so many other courses in Kent and Surrey and non-coastal Sussex, suffers from wet weather. The Woosnam doesn't drain well if its been very wet (which it has!) but haven't played the Old Course in the winter. If it is dry, both courses are nice enough; I agree with hairball_89's assessment.
As an addition, the car park can be a bugger to find a space in!

Hacky

Visit site
I’m a member and this last few weeks has been difficult due to some very heavy downpours which has led to quite a few delayed starts. The Woosie has had some drainage installed to improve things in places but as mentioned above, both courses get a bit heavy as winter sets in. They’re not the best courses in the south, but if you’re thinking of making a stay and play you can be sure of receiving a warm welcome from everyone.

Not noticed any problems parking my car though!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Not noticed any problems parking my car though!
Maybe I always play when there's functions and weddings, a full hotel and the early golfers haven't left yet, but I've struggled more than not struggled. I honestly had to wait once for 10 minutes until a space came free.