Custom fitting a driver shaft

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello,

My son who plays off 2 handicap really likes his Nike Vr pro ltd head driver but he has got stronger over the past few months so we need to look into getting him fitted for a new shaft.

My question is, how would you get custom fitted for just a shaft when you use a fixed head driver ?

thanks in advance for the replies.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
It depends on the head I'd say, I got fit for a shaft but the head was not right. If your going for a fit try other heads to, you may get better results

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
In the past we have tried other heads and he has settled on his current head, so really would like to know how you go about getting a shaft fitted.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same head as mine, as it was an r9 one, he just then had to fit adapter to the new shaft. I would say with Nike though u may find it a little tougher as they not as many fitting opts for them I don't think. As long the head is same loft and weight, I would think results will not be too dissimilar.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
so it seems that if you have a head that has not got a shaft adaptor, there is going to be a small amount of guess work in getting a shaft fitted.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless you go to a fitter that does nike stuff. He should have the necessary kit to swap shafts on the driver head.