Custom Fit:: Now let's use a democratic process

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to get fitted with a new set of clubs, but I dont know of any fitting centre's about here. What happen's if we pay all that money for new clubs and get fitted, then find we cant use the damn things. At least with normal clubs of the shelf we can trade them in. I'm sure that if I was fitted with new clubs that they wouldnt suit anyone else.

Am I wrong on this note?

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
you try before you buy - they have all the club heads, shafts etc there for you to try which ever combination you need.

i guess custom fitted clubs have as much chance of suiting someone else as off the shelf clubs - not much chance...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been for a fitting session for a set of irons, went to a clubmaker in Peterborough. Well worth it. Spent about an hour and a half trying different variations, giving me swing tips the works. At the end he has made me up a 6 iron to my specs to take away and try for a week then we meet again and adjust as necessary. Once the grip, shaft and head are agreed, we will then fit every club individually as the fit required can differ for each iron. So far has not charged me a penny and will not charge extra for this service. Will post more once I have finished the process but looking forward to taking the Snake Eyes club out this afternoon

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
As you all know ive just been fitted out at pings in lincolnshire.And all i can say is i wish id done it a while back.Even if you dont buy the clubs fron ping the session is free and you are under no obligation to buy anything.And they do not try to sell you anything either.

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would you reccomend custom fit for me, a junior?, i am enevetably going to grow, and tinker with my ball position, set up and possibly swing. So i'm guessing custom fitting only helps when you arent planning on changing your clubhead speed, angle of attack, ect.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
you could still go for the fitting Lloydy,as i said its free and a great experience.It will at least give you an insight as to what your swing is all about and the clubs you are suited to.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
....set up and possibly swing. So i'm guessing custom fitting only helps when you arent planning on changing your clubhead speed, angle of attack, ect.

Music to my ears Lloydy......

If you're done tinkering...go for customised...if not, what's the point. I've never hit the ball the same one game after another, let alone the difference over a season. It's called evolution and the will to better yourself, even if the end result isn't exactly impressive.

Good call...

Dave

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello comrades,
I had my Wilson Staff Pi5 irons fitted and find they have given me more confidence and better ball striking.
I will get fitted for a driver and I will be trying the new Mizuno's, has anyone had a slog with them ?
In my humble opinion I think a putter is just a feel and comfort thing and will just depend on how comfortable you are with it in your hands.

Cheers