Custom fit existing irons?

Boodersboy

Visit site
Hi guys, I'm just coming back to golf after a long break (2 kids!!), can I get my existing Mizuno mx 20 irons custom fit or should I be looking at getting new irons? Has the quality of clubs moved on or are these still alright? They need new grips but other than that they are standard off the shelf with reg shafts. I like them still but would change if they're way out of date now, thanks in advance.

daverollo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They're still a decent club with plenty of forgiveness. Well worth getting out and playing and down the driving range as well to see how they perform for you. You could certainly get a pro to check the loft and lie and also regrip them for you. Once you have got back into the swing of things then it would be worth going for a custom fitting to see how the recommended shaft and length of it compares to your existing set.

Boodersboy

Visit site
Thanks, have been up the range and they still feel lovely when hit, going to get them re-gripped and work on it through the winter. That feeling when you middle it, God I've missed this game!