Custom Clubs?

method

Visit site
I am a golf newbie. I have put off playing for many years because of other sports and waiting for my early 30's!! I don't doubt I'll get the bug the minute I start to play and have plenty of people around me who play a lot (friends, family & colleges) to keep me focused.

Having spoken to a few of them, they said that I'll need custom clubs at some point cause I am 6' 3". My question is, should I stump up right away or wait? From what I can figure I'd need +1/2" (6' 3" with a Wrist to Floor Length 37") but is that really a big deal for someone who hasn't ever played?

My plan is scoop up a putter, set of irons and hit the driving range before spending a fair amount of time on a par 3 9 hole course near my work. It seems from the forum people tend to keep their first set of clubs for 2yrs or so which is a fair amount of time to be playing with the wrong length clubs... at least to me thats how it seems...

Thanks for any feedback

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My advice would be to go to your nearest golf club and explain to the pro your plan. He may have some second hand trade ins which might suit you.

Welcome to the forum btw

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My advice would be to go to your nearest golf club and explain to the pro your plan. He may have some second hand trade ins which might suit you.

Welcome to the forum btw

If necessary he could always stick half an inch onto each of them for a small fee.
Golfbidder often have clubs that have been altered and often put this in the description. Then of course there's good old Fleabay but talk to a Pro first to get the low-down.

Hi :D