Crows looking for worms ruined putting green

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Crows have ruined the green searching for worms. Realise it does not have to be crows but what happens if this has happened on your line of putt please? Can it be repaired?

What happens if a fellow competitor who has finished the hole decides to repair the ‘ mess’?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crows have ruined the green searching for worms. Realise it does not have to be crows but what happens if this has happened on your line of putt please? Can it be repaired?
I'm afraid not but you probably will be able to come 2019.

What happens if a fellow competitor who has finished the hole decides to repair the ‘ mess’?

If you permit him to do so, you will get the penalty. If he does it regardless, he will be penalised. Possibly with a DQ

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
A hole made by a bird is ground under repair by definition and, if your ball lies on the putting green, you are entitled to relief, including for intervention on your line of putt.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
A hole made by a bird is ground under repair by definition and, if your ball lies on the putting green, you are entitled to relief, including for intervention on your line of putt.

I think that's stretching the meaning of "hole" too far. Perhaps the only actual holes would be those made by the worms?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doon is correct Crows search for leatherjackets and they are more of a problem following the banning of treatments to get rid of them.

There will also likely be more worm casts too as they cannot be controlled they way they were any more.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Doon is correct Crows search for leatherjackets and they are more of a problem following the banning of treatments to get rid of them.

There will also likely be more worm casts too as they cannot be controlled they way they were any more.

There are still treatments to get rid of them - they are just very expensive.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was looking at the definition for Ground Under repair and only reference I can see to holes are those made by a greenkeeper. Could you please direct me to anything I'm missing?