Crowds at the Barclays...

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watching it from last night, did anyone see the bit where Garcia and Watney were on the 18th ?

A couple of guys in the crowd shout something, what did they say ?? It didn't sound nice whatever it was and Faldo commented about trying to put those those out of your mind ????

Ryder cup could be another feisty one !!!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm pretty sure someone shouted 'Nick the P**** ' when Nick Watney tee'd off on the 18th. When Garcia put his birdie putt 5 feet past the crowd made a reference to a previous 3 putt he'd had.

really classy in both cases.

they either need more robust marshalling or an alcohol ban at these places

D

Deleted Member 1156

I didn't see/hear the incident but the crowds in the NY area are well known for being vociferous and sometimes even hostile to certain players. I don't know if Garcia and Watney are liked or disliked by fans in that area.

1GG_Grumps

Hacker
Visit site
It was a typical NY crowd really. You have to perform otherwise they give you a hard time. Garcia was getting a much better reception than when he was there in 2002. That year he was in the midst of his nervous and twitchy phase, regripping and waggling the club. He got heckled really badly with the crowd yelling at him to just ****ing hit it and counting up the number of times he regripped it.

Tiger was getting heckled too for his play yesterday, wayward driving and poor putting made him a prime target for it.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Grumps

They must be a really fickle bunch up there. Heckling The Great One?!?! I thought he was the darling of the crowds wherever he played.

1GG_Grumps

Hacker
Visit site
Don't matter who you are D4S, you don't perform as expected you get booed or worse. Opening pitches at baseball games are the same. They're usually thrown by some ceremonial figure, even Presidents have been booed for crap throws.

Edit. Presidents maybe booed for their politics or policies but if you bounce it in over the plate you will get booed whoever you are.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is a big fear I have about the RC. I can really see the crowds making all the headlines for the wrong reasons. Even in the majors perhaps with the exception of the Masters where expulsion loses your right to a ticket for you and family members, there is still significant shouts and noise