Cricket

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Glad to see England in such a commanding position and playing some decent cricket.

Sidebottom is looking deadly at the moment and good on him. It wasn't so long ago that I watcked Rob Key and Matty Walker tonking him all over the St Lawrence ground down here so whatever he has changed has made a huge difference.

Hopefully England will skittle the Kiwi's tonight and get a series win.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good to see AJ get the monkey off his back too. I hope this puts him in the right direction again as we've missed him and of course Tresco at the top of the order.

Such a shame about Tresco, what a loss. Hope he gets well soon.

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh yes and side botham and the frenchman tres cothick both renowned for their golf prowess!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Vaughan missed a trick when he failed to declare late on day 3. He should have had a go at NZ in the last half-hour of the day when they were nice and tired from fielding all day. But it's going well anyway, so well done them.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, another curious piece of captaincy. Was it jsut trying to get AJ to 200? Otherwise, why not sling the bat and get as many runs as quickly as possible and then have that 5-8 overs at NZ? Or do the scars from Adelaide really run that deep?

Even if we do get the win, is beating NZ 2-1 that impressive? Can't imagine Aus, SA, India or SL losing a match to a weak Kiwi team.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, has not exactly been a display of top class cricket from either side.

I am not a big fan of leaving a massive total and agree that the declaration should have been on the third day. If the total to chase is too big there is no incentive to try and chase it whereas if it is, in theory, possible to reach you can often nick a few early wickets as the opposition have a go at it.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, you can't grumble too much if you win I suppose. Given how flat the wicket was and how benign batting conditions were, the big total was probably a sensible idea and all credit to Sidebottom, Panesar and Broad for taking 20 wkts in those conditions. I'm not sure you can count Anderson's contribution! How many more chances is he going to get before the ECB realise he is occasionally brilliant but more often than not more expensive than high-class hooker?