Course review sites

Visit site
For many years I have been using http://www.uk-golfguide.com/ for reviewing and planning our golf breaks, it had many reports on most clubs throughout the U.K. which allowed one form a balanced view about players views about the courses. All of a sudden around Christmas time the site seems to have been taken over or bought out by a new outfit, it seems to have changed its structure and is much more commercial and fails to find over 50% of coursers when entering search details. I have e-mailed them for an explanation, but no reply.
Can anyone recommend a site that offers independent players views please.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Try www.Golftoday.co.uk. Unfortunately, they have variable reviews from other golfers and some are quite old.

www.englishgolf-courses.co.uk simply have a list of courses in different areas but there are also links to similar Scottish, Irish, Welsh etc. sites.

Although I agree the site is updated and the info is hard to get to, it's all still there imo. I found the best way to search was to type in an area name (i.e.town) and then just look through the several pages of courses/reviws that appear. They have ticked the additional pages links away right near the bottom of the page though and that's mildly irritating once but a real annoyance after that.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do find many of these sites rather dubious in quality. If you want decent feedback on a course, I'd just ask on the forum. You'll get an honest response from a passionate golfer.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I do find many of these sites rather dubious in quality. If you want decent feedback on a course, I'd just ask on the forum. You'll get an honest response from a passionate golfer.

Just don't mention Lydd !! ;)