Course Flyovers

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We've had one done, although there not for the benefit of the membership IMO, they are purely for visitors or potential visitors, so some members thought it a waste of money spent.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was that the guys first day flying his drone :mmm:

I can't be the only one who watches those vids and thinks what club they would hit off the tee and what landing area they are looking at can I :whistle:

I think its was a club member and done for free.

This was done a while ago after a lot of the broom was cut back, most of that has grown back now so course looks a little different. The thing i noticed was how long the course looked on this. its only 6400 off the back (where the drone started from) so pretty short by most course standards.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its was a club member and done for free.

This was done a while ago after a lot of the broom was cut back, most of that has grown back now so course looks a little different. The thing i noticed was how long the course looked on this. its only 6400 off the back (where the drone started from) so pretty short by most course standards.

Its a great course , thought about taking there 10 round membership this year, but decided to play In their Open in April.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its a great course , thought about taking there 10 round membership this year, but decided to play In their Open in April.

certainly is Steve, but not renewing this year. always enjoyed taking one of my dogs Baldrick for a game on a Sunday afternoon. he would always help me look for a wayward drive and always find it;) since he died, not felt like playing there so hardly did after Aug.

Rupert is a bit young still but once he is old enough, will prob join again.

How much was the 10 round membership?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
certainly is Steve, but not renewing this year. always enjoyed taking one of my dogs Baldrick for a game on a Sunday afternoon. he would always help me look for a wayward drive and always find it;) since he died, not felt like playing there so hardly did after Aug.

Rupert is a bit young still but once he is old enough, will prob join again.

How much was the 10 round membership?

It won't take him him to get into it I'm sure :thup:, it's £150 Patrick which i thought was great value i did ask if you got the reciprocals as well, i was kindly told no ,worth asking . Played there 36 hole open in 2016 and found it a very friendly club from staff to members which always sticks in my mind on where to play plus i enjoyed the course.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It won't take him him to get into it I'm sure :thup:, it's £150 Patrick which i thought was great value i did ask if you got the reciprocals as well, i was kindly told no ,worth asking . Played there 36 hole open in 2016 and found it a very friendly club from staff to members which always sticks in my mind on where to play plus i enjoyed the course.

that is good value, did you look at Country membership that might allow the Reciprocals.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
that is good value, did you look at Country membership that might allow the Reciprocals.

Yeah i did think it was an extra £100 , but if i didn't play the 10 rounds it wasn't to much to lose out on, but we're going to play a lot more Opens this year starting with Eyemouth in March which i haven't played yet.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yeah i did think it was an extra £100 , but if i didn't play the 10 rounds it wasn't to much to lose out on, but we're going to play a lot more Opens this year starting with Eyemouth in March which i haven't played yet.

prob worth it for the 3 rounds at Royal Dornoch though;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Haha, very true, looking to finally getting a game there this year had to pull out of there 7 club challenge open last year due to my back problems so hopefully this year

I always play the Fraser Gardner, which is Sept, 36 holer on the Struie and the championship, which has a handicap limit of 12.
or you could try the Glenmorangie which is 13 and above Aug ish i think

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always play the Fraser Gardner, which is Sept, 36 holer on the Struie and the championship, which has a handicap limit of 12.
or you could try the Glenmorangie which is 13 and above Aug ish i think

We're looking at the one at the end of October as it fits in with holidays and work etc

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We're looking at the one at the end of October as it fits in with holidays and work etc

only trouble leaving it that late not sure what maintenance would have been done. shame its not mid Oct as then its just after the Pro am and all of the courses in that are superb.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tell me more about these things in September/October at Dornoch.

Fraser Gardner is a 36 hole comp usually fist week sept. low handicap 5 below play the Sturie first then the championship, and above 5 the championship first then the Struie. always good turn out and its about £50 ish.

well worth it, only way you get to play off the back tee's TBH.

D

Deleted member 23344

My club has a virtual fly-over, but with no commentary or annoying music.

https://www.slinfoldclub.co.uk/hole_by_hole_guide