Couldn't stay away......

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A little more expensive than smoking, as a 50g pouch of tobacco used to last me 8 days, and cost about £26.00 a pop, but I've no doubt golf membership will be healthier.. ???

Jesus, never realised that a 50g pack f baccy was 26 quid. No wonder the mate who feeds my can when I am on holiday was over the moon. Brought her back our full allowances of 500g of golden virginia so basically saved her £260 and it only cost me £40

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How comes you chose there and not crowborough?
Crowborough is too far away mate, a good 30+ mile drive. And I'm of the age now where Crowborough members actually think of leaving. Not an easy course on the old trotters, (or ticker!!).
Cooden, being classed as a links course, is much easier walking. Having said that, I've personally never classed it as a links.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
After a three year hiatus, I have re-joined Cooden GC as a full member.
Absolutely love the course, nice easy walking and some lovely holes.
Can't wait to start playing more regularly...
????
So you get us an even bigger discount for Friday, yeah? ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Crowborough is too far away mate, a good 30+ mile drive. And I'm of the age now where Crowborough members actually think of leaving. Not an easy course on the old trotters, (or ticker!!).
Cooden, being classed as a links course, is much easier walking. Having said that, I've personally never classed it as a links.

Heard rumours crowborough is not the same condition as it once was

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Heard rumours crowborough is not the same condition as it once was
I haven't played there for some time, but the last time I did play it, it wasn't a patch on how it used to be.
I joined there in the mid 80's and was there until about 1999. Course was always immaculate then, especially during centenary year.....it was sad to see it go the way it did.

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Jesus, never realised that a 50g pack f baccy was 26 quid. No wonder the mate who feeds my can when I am on holiday was over the moon. Brought her back our full allowances of 500g of golden virginia so basically saved her £260 and it only cost me £40
Have you seen the price of a pkt of 20 fags nowadays???
Haven't got a clue how people can afford to smoke 20 a day!!!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You be hard pressed to stick a ball into the sea there, from what I can remember ?