Couldn't Hit water if I fell out of a boat

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't know why but for some reason no matter what I do I end up hitting a 10' high slice-esque shot with my irons and wedges. I can hit my driver, fairway and hybrid without this issue so wtf is going on with my swing? Anyone else had this problem? If so how did you solve it?

P.s Got a lesson booked so got the 'get a lesson' solution covered.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
you will get the answer from the lesson tee

hard to say exactly from just that description

but would guess that the grip hold will be part of the answer & the shoulders/upper chest alignment at set-up along as well with the ball position with the irons being a ways too far forwards

plus you may well be 'coming off the strike' as subconsciously you trying to get the ball up in the air - the lead shoulder & chest moving away & up off of the ball with maybes the upper body also leaning aways from target

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't know why but for some reason no matter what I do I end up hitting a 10' high slice-esque shot with my irons and wedges. I can hit my driver, fairway and hybrid without this issue so wtf is going on with my swing? Anyone else had this problem? If so how did you solve it?

P.s Got a lesson booked so got the 'get a lesson' solution covered.

When you got the lesson for? Seems very strange but no doubt something very simple and no doubt you'll be firing at pins in no time

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got one booked Wednesday and hopefully find out the root cause of the issue - it's really depressing atm picking the irons out the bag!