Costco

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been to one after ages.. still a place where they stack it high and sell them at half decent prices. best place for buying toilet and Kitchen rolls. It seems to sell everything these days from cars to TV to fish. I used to be a member when I used to live in the States.. was always easy to fill my truck and store in massive garages - more difficult in this country.
Anyone else use the services of this great store? They also do Callaways

D

Deleted member 16999

Use it probably once every 4-6 weeks, great returns policy as 2blue said and still find it funny that you can buy a pint of milk for a quid or a Diamond ring for £5000.00 or a 4 person canoe all under the same roof.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wise words from 2blue. Shop smart. We've bought some good bargains from there, tech, food etc but some things can be more expensive. It's easy to get carried away in the size of the place, forget to add the vat etc. Keep your head and it can be great.

Worth a visit for standing in front of the tv's alone 😍

D

Deleted member 16999

Wise words from 2blue. Shop smart. We've bought some good bargains from there, tech, food etc but some things can be more expensive. It's easy to get carried away in the size of the place, forget to add the vat etc. Keep your head and it can be great.

Worth a visit for standing in front of the tv's alone 😍
Petrol Station’s a good addition at Gateshead.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Love Costco but got to be smart as you say.. some are false bargains and save nothing on super markets

Example was a m4 driver in there recently £350 including vat I think it was which was more expensive than American golf and u can’t even pay credit card or test them!!

I use it for bottled water
Petrol
And now help run the work tuck shop so great for stocking drinks as the shops aren’t close by and we in 24/7 so useful for some drinks in middle of night if u need a coke or something

Speaking of which might treat myself to a Coke Zero now

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
If you know what you want and know the prices elsewhere it's good, we get soap powder and fabric softener, plus as has been said already kitchen towel and toilet paper, always pick up some water too.

Things like Coca cola are actually cheaper in Asda etc now.

I had two tyres fitted last time I was there also, could have got the same price online but since I was going got my shopping, a slice of pizza and a muffin for lunch, came out car was ready, loaded up, filled up with premium diesel and it was a good day.

👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a store right near us (Bushey) and I have a card so we shop there every month or two. Stock up on things like bog roll, freezer foods, that sort of thing. They had some good cheap polo shirts and shorts in there last time as well so I got a couple of those. If we're ever doing a barbecue we get all the meat there too, great value.

Agree with the others, some of the more one-off items are not necessarily cheaper, but anything you can get in bulk tends to be good value.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Love Costco, we go about every 3 weeks so I can eat my way around the store 😜
Food quality excellent eg chicken, pork etc. Personally think it's well priced with the vat. Fuel is cheaper plus i have a costco American Express card so get cash back 👍

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Another user here. Loo roll and kitchen roll are always good value when on offer. Bottled water at £3 for 30 bottles is super value and keeps my golf bag hydrated. Meat and fish are both very good quality, and can be had on good offers. Shop smart is the way, as been highlighted above, some items are cheaper in the supermarket. I'm particularly fond of the Callaway leather gloves though, at £17 for 3, good glove at a stupid price.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only major drawback is that the missus doesn't shop properly and makes it an absolute chore. A man shops by identifying what items he needs before going and picking them up swiftly. But a woman shops by looking every damn thing in the shop and deciding on a case by case basis whether it's needed or not. Painful.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The only major drawback is that the missus doesn't shop properly and makes it an absolute chore. A man shops by identifying what items he needs before going and picking them up swiftly. But a woman shops by looking every damn thing in the shop and deciding on a case by case basis whether it's needed or not. Painful.

You mean wanted 😂😂