Costa Blanca golf

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Can anyone recommend the best area to stay in if we want a little bit of nightlife / good restaurants etc that is close to these courses. I have attached a map in question. This is a complete DIY trip and the only stumbling point at present is the right location and hiring cars out there.

From reading previous threads on here I have built a golf Itinery with the best courses that people have reccomended.

These are:

Lo Romero £55
Las Colinas £130
Las Ramblas £45
El Valle £50
La Finca £90

All green fees are for June and will likely only play 4 of them.

Cheers

Attachments

• cae14c62-fb10-4414-ad8e-334fa3f2db73.jpeg
    cae14c62-fb10-4414-ad8e-334fa3f2db73.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 25

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Cabo Roig, Villamartin, or La Fuenta.

Cabo Roig has a great beach if you have some spare time between the golf as well.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you stay in hotels or rent a villa ?
I think Mel lived out there.

Alternative is to base yourself in Los Alcazarez (south west on your map above). Loads of pubs and restaurants. Local to Roda Golf and La Serena Golf and only a short 20 min taxi/drive to the likes of Las Ramblas (which I enjoyed but most of the group thought was a "bit too tough" and reminded me a bit of the West Course at La Manga).

Los Alcazarez also has a nice beach on the Mar Menor if you want some downtime as Mel suggested.

The Fader

Visit site
About 35 mins drive North of La Finca is Font del Llop Golf Club.

Hands down the best course I've played in that neck of the woods. Well worth the short extra drive. Only 15 mins from Alicante airport, so it you are flying
into / out of there - it's a great option for your first or last round

Reckon in June you will have change out of £60 for a green fee and shared buggy. It is however walkable with a trolley (just!). Not a course for carrying!

If you want a cracking meal out - can wholeheartedly recommend The Yellow Rose of Texas in Benijofar. Absolutely fantastic
ribs. If you can manage a whole rack - you're a better man than me!! Booking essential.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Did you stay in hotels or rent a villa ?

We lived in the Algorfa district which is where La Finca is located - although our Urbanisation was nearer to Quesada. I know Cabo Roig and the surrounding areas pretty well though. Cabo Roig has a strip (although it's not on the seafront), but you have a good choice of pubs and restaurants there - plus a few places that stay open until the early hours. I have stayed in Cabo Roig - once when we were house hunting, and once when my mates came over for a golf weekend. Both times we stayed in the Playa Marina appartments which are right on the strip itelf.

There aren't loads of hotels compared to some areas but then there are loads of villas and apartments to rent - depends what you prefer.

In terms of the courses you have picked - the only one I haven't played is El Valle.
Las Ramblas was one of my favourites - proper test's your game with some very tight fairways and carries over the dry river beds (Ramblas), green fees are always good value, and the course was always in good nick - however, some people didn't like it at all because it is quite technical.
Las Colinas is the best but I always felt like La Finca was almost as good - and has some superb holes - if I was going back to play a few courses, I'd have La Finca on my list.
Lo Romero is a solid course as well - relatively new course I think and didn't have much of a clubhouse when we were there.

As mentioned above by The Fader - Font Del Llop is very popular - and again, good value.

The only course I would tell you to avoid in the area is La Marquesa which is just outside of Rojales - it feels like a municipal in comparison to all of the other places - but the ones you have picked out won't disappoint you.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
About 35 mins drive North of La Finca is Font del Llop Golf Club.

Hands down the best course I've played in that neck of the woods. Well worth the short extra drive. Only 15 mins from Alicante airport, so it you are flying
into / out of there - it's a great option for your first or last round

Reckon in June you will have change out of £60 for a green fee and shared buggy. It is however walkable with a trolley (just!). Not a course for carrying!

If you want a cracking meal out - can wholeheartedly recommend The Yellow Rose of Texas in Benijofar. Absolutely fantastic
ribs. If you can manage a whole rack - you're a better man than me!! Booking essential.

I'll second this - incredible ribs - I once ordered the ribs and wings combo and honestly , there was enough on the plate to feed the four of is at the table. No way could I eat it all - infact when I asked the waitress if I could have it boxed to take home it didn't look like I'd even started eating the meal.

Quesada Go Karts worth a visit if you're in that area as well, and a bit of a speed freak.

Quesada / Benijofar isn't a bad place to base yourself - easy access onto the AP7 for both the airport and getting to the golf courses and enough night life as long as you don't want anything too rowdy.

I need to go back and visit some friends and have a game with guys and girls at our old society, and go and see Jamie's old coach at La Finca - and have another crack at that combo in the Yellow Rose...

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Also - if anybody is playing Las Ramblas - there's usually a fella selling decent balls at the back of the 4th green / 5th tee. Stock up there if you can (y)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also - if anybody is playing Las Ramblas - there's usually a fella selling decent balls at the back of the 4th green / 5th tee. Stock up there if you can (y)
That was one of the things that made me think of the West Course at La Manga, the ball seller guy. Similarly tight and testing courses, both with a ball topper upper guy.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Can anyone recommend the best area to stay in if we want a little bit of nightlife / good restaurants etc that is close to these courses. I have attached a map in question. This is a complete DIY trip and the only stumbling point at present is the right location and hiring cars out there.

From reading previous threads on here I have built a golf Itinery with the best courses that people have reccomended.

These are:

Lo Romero £55
Las Colinas £130
Las Ramblas £45
El Valle £50
La Finca £90

All green fees are for June and will likely only play 4 of them.

Cheers

El Valle is a superb course was so good I played it again the second time we went out

Cabo Roig as Mel has mentioned beach is class absolute sun trap never ate around there… zenia hotel would also be a good base which isn’t far from there

Los Alcazeres is nice spot with a little strip of bars and restaurants leading down to the mar menor a bit further down from the strip is the “old town” loads of great tapas places etc …You’ve got two decent options in Los Narejos hotel or Hotel 525

For hire cars

we used https://flamencacars.com/ for our summer holiday

If you do want to see what a agent can do get in touch with

https://www.lovegolfplaygolf.co.uk/

Used them before and the owners live in my missus parents village over there near los alcazeres

Last edited:

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Been doing a lot of research with the above info, appreciate the insight chaps.

I’m thinking about squeezing the itinerary down to just 3 rounds over 5 days.

which would be your top 3 must play courses out of:

Lo Romero
Las Colinas
Las Ramblas
El Valle
La Finca

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I’ve decided our itinerary for golf will be as follows:

Las Ramblas 3pm
La Finca 4pm
Las Colinas 4pm

All to be played middle of May with buggies.

We have chosen these time slots to get the twilight rate. Sunset is apparently 9pm.

Is 5 hours round La Finca and Las Colinas pushing it or would we be comfortable in finishing our round. 8 currently, possibly 12.

Cheers

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve decided our itinerary for golf will be as follows:

Las Ramblas 3pm
La Finca 4pm
Las Colinas 4pm

All to be played middle of May with buggies.

We have chosen these time slots to get the twilight rate. Sunset is apparently 9pm.

Is 5 hours round La Finca and Las Colinas pushing it or would we be comfortable in finishing our round. 8 currently, possibly 12.

Cheers

I’d imagine you’ll be ok. 17th is one of the signature holes at La Finca, any big hitters in the group will want to have a crack at carrying it to the green, so hopefully you all get that in.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I’d imagine you’ll be ok. 17th is one of the signature holes at La Finca, any big hitters in the group will want to have a crack at carrying it to the green, so hopefully you all get that in

We are staying here which seems to be bang in the middle of the golf courses.

would you recommend anything close by for restaurants / bars etc. I don’t think we are going to fit in anything other than golf drink eat sleep.

Cheers

Attachments

• 5a84449f-9978-4e94-8592-7cbf56aed202.jpeg
    5a84449f-9978-4e94-8592-7cbf56aed202.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 11

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We are staying here which seems to be bang in the middle of the golf courses.

would you recommend anything close by for restaurants / bars etc. I don’t think we are going to fit in anything other than golf drink eat sleep.

Cheers

So on the Avenido tiro de pichon you have quite a few bars, the one at the bottom is The Stray Sod, Irish themed bar where you’ll get good food and drink. Also, further up the road is Galaxy Golf who can supply any equipment you need, including rental clubs if you dont want to take your own.

You’re in a good location to be fair, and you can take a shortcut through Campomoar golf to get to Las Colinas - which will save you going the long way round.

Last edited:

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
So on the Avenido tiro de pichon you have quite a few bars, the one at the bottom is The Stray Sod, Irish themed bar where you’ll get good food and drink. Also, further up the road is Galaxy Golf who can supply any equipment you need, including rental clubs if you dont want to take your own.

You’re in a good location to be fair, and you can take a shortcut through Campomoar golf to get to Las Colinas - which will save you going the long way round.

Nice one buddy.

Would you have a rough idea of flight prices to and from Mercia/Alicante around May time?

Flight not available as of yet and guess we will have to wait until Xmas

Edit: I am thinking of swapping out Las Ramblas for Lo Romero.

For anyone that has played them please advise

The Fader

Visit site
Nice one buddy.

Would you have a rough idea of flight prices to and from Mercia/Alicante around May time?

Flight not available as of yet and guess we will have to wait until Xmas

Edit: I am thinking of swapping out Las Ramblas for Lo Romero.

For anyone that has played them please advise
Where are you looking to fly from?
Jet2 flights and prices already published for May 2025 although I think they only fly to Alicante

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Where are you looking to fly from?
Jet2 flights and prices already published for May 2025 although I think they only fly to Alicante

Birmingham, East Midlands or Luton.

Checked Skyscanner and can’t see anything but I’ll check again.

I was looking in February and the best value airport for us in May 2024 was Luton to Mercia