Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D-S

Visit site
I'm sure people aren't bothering to test as much as they were - but that aside, personal testing data isn't collated anywhere is it? Or is it? Certainly the data for any tests I've done hasnt gone anywhere outside my home. So it won't feature in any collated statistics?
I believe the figures are taken from the ONS who have been testing the public throughout the pandemic whether they have COVID or symptomscor not. These are consistent over the time and do not rely on people reporting or on the availability of tests.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Covid has taken away my patience, I just can't put up with the idiots any more.
What are the ‘idiots’ doing?

Like most I am no longer wearing a mask unless in a hospital, but have wondered whether mask-wearing might have reduced the spread of the flu that has been going through the population like a wildfire these last couple of months.

Last edited:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I must be a rare beast, but so far I've avoided it.

I thought I had until boxing day. Started to feel a bit off during the evening, woke up with a full blown snot cold the next day but just didn't feel quite 'right' like with a normal cold. Wouldn't have botheres testing but we were due to go out for a meal that evening with a couple of people who could do without it, nice big thick positive line came straight up. Nothing worse than a very heavy cold/touch of flu which lasted about 3 days, but the minor symptoms like tiredness and the annoying cough took weeks to shrug off

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
What are the ‘idiots’ doing?

Like most I am no longer wearing a mask unless in a hospital, but have wondered whether mask-wearing might have reduced the spread of the flu that has been going through the population like a wildfire these last couple of months.
I'd say mask wearing is pretty much back to zero again now . That suits me fine.

RichA

Visit site
I'm still wearing a mask on the London Underground, but mostly because I've realised how much airborne brake dust and other muck it prevents me from inhaling.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TBH, I feel sanitising my hands as often as I do is more important than wearing a mask. You see people wiping their nose with their hands all the time, and the hands are never washed but will touch a solid surface anyone else can touch and pick up the germs left.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Maybe coincidence. Today was Elche’s half marathon.

One runner, 21 yrs old died of a heart attack. Another runner had a heart attack but is alive. Another has developed an arrhythmia, and a 4th complained of chest pains then collapsed and required intubation.

Wasn’t there talk of (potential) long term heart issues?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Maybe coincidence. Today was Elche’s half marathon.

One runner, 21 yrs old died of a heart attack. Another runner had a heart attack but is alive. Another has developed an arrhythmia, and a 4th complained of chest pains then collapsed and required intubation.

Wasn’t there talk of (potential) long term heart issues?

Jeez
Not good, if it’s not an isolated cluster then very worrying

D-S

Visit site
Jeez
Not good, if it’s not an isolated cluster then very worrying
I believe the heart issue has been mainly debunked. If this occurrence was typical, then marathons and endurance events the world over would have had similar results and that certainly hasn’t been the case - just imagine the carnage at the London Marathon, twice the distance, with 50,000 runners.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TBH, I feel sanitising my hands as often as I do is more important than wearing a mask. You see people wiping their nose with their hands all the time, and the hands are never washed but will touch a solid surface anyone else can touch and pick up the germs left.
Well after avoiding it until the beginning of Feb ths year, I had it. It was a horrible feeling for the week I was testing positive, but what was odd was the feeling of total lethargy for exactly 1 week after being off with it then bang....back to feeling fine.
I'm just glad I've had my 4 jabs.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well after avoiding it until the beginning of Feb ths year, I had it. It was a horrible feeling for the week I was testing positive, but what was odd was the feeling of total lethargy for exactly 1 week after being off with it then bang....back to feeling fine.
I'm just glad I've had my 4 jabs.
More or less the same for me. After avoiding it for all this time having had the 4 jabs it got me!
Had to go to a close family funeral, just about to leave and still feeling rough, thought I'd better do a test.
Positive!
So the wife had to drive on her own from the south coast to Congleton - she did well as doesn't often drive on motorways.
I tested positive for 10days in a row. Felt better for a week, then just had another rough week with coughing but nowhere near as bad. Tested 3 times during the week, all negative and now feel fine for golf tomorrow.
👍

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Father-in-law was hospitalised with Covid on Wednesday after avoiding catching it for 3 years. He now has pneumonia also and it’s not looking good.