Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My wife and I are taking òur 8 year old granddaughter to Portugal for the half term break. We have to book lateral flow tests for our return, looking at the government website there appear to be 350 providers in the South East. Would anyone be able to give a personal recommendation or should we take pot luck choosing a mid price option? Thanks.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife and I are taking òur 8 year old granddaughter to Portugal for the half term break. We have to book lateral flow tests for our return, looking at the government website there appear to be 350 providers in the South East. Would anyone be able to give a personal recommendation or should we take pot luck choosing a mid price option? Thanks.

Who are you going with? We used TUI Chronomics for ours, all seems very straightforward and efficient. Not sure if they supply non-TUI customers though

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It is exactly the point. You chose not to wear a mask and attend a large function yet are concerned about people not wearing masks and attending large functions. If the only thing that stops you doing things that you believe are potentially harmful to you and your family is direct intervention by the State, then you have a problem of your own making.
I’m not complaining about any risk to me or my family. I know I could have walked out of the function. I’m talking about what’s going on in the wider community in general and specifically close to home (including my golf club) in the context of rising numbers of infections.

I am happy to comply with what the state might ask of me if it is aimed at protecting others. That you might not wish to take that view is indeed simply your choice, but it is not mine, and I do not see my view as any sort of problem whatsoever - it is a reasonable request as a civic duty.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm afraid it is.

Until recently eating out involved venues/places using social distancing measures and only permitted removing masks while eating.

COVID is still infecting people and you express your concerns for you family members yet even with that knowledge you ignore prudence and then whinge - strange logic.
Jeez…I did not express in my post any concern for myself or my family…i simply made general observations about what I am seeing. Please stop reading more into my posts than is actually there. I have no hidden agenda in this matter. Please stop trying to find one.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So if you were so concerned, why wouldn't you wear a mask yourself, regardless of what everyone else is doing?
Not going to repeat myself. Just read my bloody post. I felt a bit uncomfortable being in an environment of 60 blokes standing packed together and to my surprise much closer together than I had expected…and so I didn’t join the melee. I kept myself a bit apart and then went to the dining area and sat down at my table. I knew at the time I should really put a mask on, but none of us like being the odd one out…but I kept apart until seated.

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And yesterday evening I went to a golf club post-comp evening meal/presentation - and there we were, the sixty of us mainly 55 to 80 yr olds - crowding together and not one of us wearing a mask. TBH I felt a bit uncomfortable.
Thats what you wrote. Where in what I have pasted above do you say you kept some distance and went and sat down?
What would you read by what is written? You would get the same impression as everyone else..
Personally, I don't give a monkeys about what you and your club mates get up to, but please don't go on how "uncomfortable" you were with it because most people I know who are "uncomfortable" with that situation wouldn't be there or get into that situation.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thats what you wrote. Where in what I have pasted above do you say you kept some distance and went and sat down?
What would you read by what is written? You would get the same impression as everyone else..
Personally, I don't give a monkeys about what you and your club mates get up to, but please don't go on how "uncomfortable" you were with it because most people I know who are "uncomfortable" with that situation wouldn't be there or get into that situation.
I felt a bit uncomfortable as there were 60 older guys crowded together - did I say I was worried about my health. No I didn’t. And I was also a bit concerned that I wasn't wearing a mask, and did question myself, and so kept a bit apart. I was making an observation about how relaxed we (including myself) have become about mask wearing - at least in some contexts - when infection numbers are rising. I don’t have to provide every bleeding’ detail. End of.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flew out to Sweden, supposed to be restricted access but I had a letter saying I was required. I thought this was either going to end with me being not allowed to board, as I don’t look like a sensible person who is required.
But they past me through, and I was told I didn’t need my PCR test results as I was double vaccinated. But the vaccination pass is NHS and not compatible with the current EU requirements. But all of this was really cobblers, as the Swedish customs looked at the PCR test and said have you got the Vaccine pass certificate and I showed my NHS one and he was happy with that.
But big takeaway is don’t eat garlic if you have to wear a mask on a plane .. you really get the benefit ☹️

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I felt uncomfortable…did I say I was worried about my health. And I was also a bit concerned that I wasn't wearing a mask and so kept a bit apart. I was making an observation, i don’t have to provide every bleeding’ detail. End of.
I have a mask with me at all times, and I choose whether to put it on or not.
BTW I didn't make any comment on your health......just your feeling uncomfortable yet willing to be there and make comment about it.
If you don't want people to comment on what you write or think, don't put it into text format.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Guys
SILH has posted about his feelings about people not wearing masks in a crowded enclosed environment,
He is perfectly entitled to post his feelings and observations , it covers things like peer pressure.
Please do not have a go, just because you might disagree with him,

At least it wasn’t political ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Not going to repeat myself. Just read my bloody post. I felt a bit uncomfortable being in an environment of 60 blokes standing packed together and to my surprise much closer together than I had expected…and so I didn’t join the melee. I kept myself a bit apart and then went to the dining area and sat down at my table. I knew at the time I should really put a mask on, but none of us like being the odd one out…but I kept apart until seated.

Were there other members who declined to attend ,who were happy to be the "odd one out" in order to feel comfortable ?
"None of us likes to be the odd one out" doesn't worry me if the reason is right ,or sensible, or necessary?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Arnie we used a company called “testing for all” they were very good.if Missis T is happy so am I. ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me and Missis T are back from Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Exeter, Teignmouth, Dawlish, Dartmouth, Slapton, Salcombe, Polperro, Looe, Plymouth and probably a few other places Ave missed out. Beautiful part of the world. Ave got facial fanny rash from wearing masks
Now my thoughts on the handling of Covid were well documented. For me the current rates are shocking, but people’s attitudes to the not wearing of masks quite frankly is unbelievable. Wherever we went, be it Chippys, pubs, shops people have soon forgotten the lockdown. Ave a feeling the winter months will be unpleasant ☹️ Stay safe folk.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me and Missis T are back from Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Exeter, Teignmouth, Dawlish, Dartmouth, Slapton, Salcombe, Polperro, Looe, Plymouth and probably a few other places Ave missed out. Beautiful part of the world. Ave got facial fanny rash from wearing masks
Now my thoughts on the handling of Covid were well documented. For me the current rates are shocking, but people’s attitudes to the not wearing of masks quite frankly is unbelievable. Wherever we went, be it Chippys, pubs, shops people have soon forgotten the lockdown. Ave a feeling the winter months will be unpleasant ☹️ Stay safe folk.

Great to hear so many places just getting on with normality to be honest….