Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For those hoping to holiday in Spain. Several of the autonomous regions, e.g. Valencia, intend to open their borders to holiday makers on the 17th May. This will almost certainly be replicated through all of the regions as policing it would be extremely difficult, barring a massive spike.

Malaga is expecting to open its municipal borders(town limits) this week to travel throughout Andalucia. Most of Andalucia has already opened its municipal borders last week as numbers have dropped below 500/100,000.

Bare in mind, if you are coming to Spain that you follow the masks rules/table occupancy rules, whatever they may be at that time. I watched two police officers having a field day last year with holiday makers coming out of one of the hotels along the Playa. Everyone that came out of the hotel without a mask got a €60 fine - its €100 now.

D

Deleted member 18588

But the "facts" weren't correct as Ethan said?
And Ethan may be misinterpreting, I don't know but the report wasn't prepared or commissioned by the Daily Mail.

It was an independent report from an academic institution.

And whilst we are on facts the Press Gazette, on 23 February, confirmed that the Mail continues to have the highest circulation in this country.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's made me very aware that not everyone follows rules laid down by government.
It's made me very annoyed that some people have benefited from government hand outs whilst, yet again, others will get sod all.
It's making me very angry that, whilst I've followed the rules, barring one thing, others haven't and that may, by Christ it better hadn't, affect me being able to start to play the game I enjoy.
It's made me very aware that BJ and all the elite running the country haven't got a clue what they are doing, and this saddens me.

Have a word with yourself ........................................ or change your name to Captain Hindsight.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And Ethan may be misinterpreting, I don't know but the report wasn't prepared or commissioned by the Daily Mail.

It was an independent report from an academic institution.

And whilst we are on facts the Press Gazette, on 23 February, confirmed that the Mail continues to have the highest circulation in this country.

Would that not be generational because older people buy papers and they prefer the mail? Because you would be hard to find many people under 40 who buy papers.

So you need to take online side of things into account

Like online subscription

D

Deleted member 18588

Would that not be generational because older people buy papers and they prefer the mail? Because you would be hard to find many people under 40 who buy papers.

So you need to take online side of things into account

Like online subscription

Judging by the figures I don't think many people, regardless of age, buy print editions.

I am 71 and have not bought a daily newspaper for 11 years.

The Press Gazette figures include online circulation and still the Mail is way in front.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Judging by the figures I don't think many people, regardless of age, buy print editions.

I am 71 and have not bought a daily newspaper for 11 years.

The Press Gazette figures include online circulation and still the Mail is way in front.
https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/most-popular-newspapers-uk-abc-monthly-circulation-figures/

Print editions..if you read below the table it explains how it isn't the highest due to the sun. Times and telegraph keeping their figures private

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There’s a strong correlation between being a Daily Mail reader and being a horrible person in my experience. It’s a disgusting echo chamber for hate and division.

My grandad reads the mail.. I have to avoid certain subjects with him. He litterally is pumped full of rubbish they serve up