Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D-S

Visit site

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Beautiful day out there. Went for a walk through bushy park, but making it clear to the little one we don’t stop at the playground. Going past it, it was rammed full with people. We had a 2 hour tantrum walk back why we wouldn’t go when all the others can play.

R is going to go up next week the weather isn’t helping us.

D-S

Visit site
[R is going to go up next week the weather isn’t helping us.[/QUOTE]

So the R number is going to increase due to the transmission outside?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Isn’t that exactly what people were claiming last year with VE Day, BLM Marches and Beaches etc? There was never an uptick there and we were looking at far more people. Can’t see there be any difference in the R number next week. It’ll go up a bit after March 8th with the schools but that’s it.

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You should also get a card with the brand of vaccine and lot number, and if you register for the NHS app (not the track and trace one, the regular one), you will be able to see your vax on your health record.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw the stickers on the desk when I had my jab today. I didn’t get a sticker though :(

Still, I’ll take the protection offered after 3 weeks ?

D-S

Visit site
Beautiful day out there. Went for a walk through bushy park, but making it clear to the little one we don’t stop at the playground. Going past it, it was rammed full with people. We had a 2 hour tantrum walk back why we wouldn’t go when all the others can play.

Relevant tweet from a GP just now:-

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw a family of about 16 young men having a game of football on the park today. And another family of lads sitting down drinking out of cans and shouting at each other.

I assume they were families......

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope this will pan out well. The roads have been very busy today and the Nature reserves and parks FAR TOO BUSY where I've been driving (working).

D-S

Visit site
I hope all those complaining about busy playgrounds and parks outside won’t dream of taking the foolhardy risk of playing golf in 4 weeks time (they must be amazed that there are any of our Caledonian cousins left on this forum due to their reckless behaviour on the links in the past months).

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I hope all those complaining about busy playgrounds and parks outside won’t dream of taking the foolhardy risk of playing golf in 4 weeks time (they must be amazed that there are any of our Caledonian cousins left on this forum due to their reckless behaviour on the links in the past months).
There's being outside enjoying the weather and there's being outside breaking the rules no matter how small the increased risk of infection.
Lockdown rules still apply
Stay at home unless you're exercising - sitting in a group drinking beer isn't exercising or staying at home
No mixing with more than 1 person outside...the game of football doesn't quite reach that one does it
I know its only minor and some will say it doesn't matter but it does to those of us who are following the rules in the hope that we can kick this virus into touch as soon as possible.
Hopefully, come the end of March, the first step towards that will be achieved and we will be allowed to play golf - and not breaking rules because we think they don't apply to us.