Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for a walk, the other day, along the river a few hundred yards from my house.
BIG mistake.
It seemed to be a cross between a narrow athletics track and a single lane velodrome.
Walkers seemed to be virtually invisible!
90% of the runners/cyclists just expected walkers to stand aside, assuming there was enough room to do so safely.
It got me thinking about safety, in all it's guises, to keep the NHS workload as low as possible during Covid.
Cyclist should always have to wear a safety hat, always, and should always wear a mask when cycling off road, i.e. where walkers are likely to be.
Runners should also have to wear a mask when running along busy paths or pavements.
Recreational horse riding should not be allowed.
Thoughts?

Best wishes and hopes to Mrs Colch's family.

one of teh biggest annoyances of the past year is the amount of people buzzing past on pavements on bikes and electric scooters. I have lost track of the amount of times that if have nearly be knocked over and caught off guard but they are an absolute mennace. But no issue with wearing masks - i don't think they are needed at all outside if reasonable social distancing is observed

D

Deleted member 18588

I'm only suggesting banning during this current Covid crisis.
Statistically it is 20 times more dangerous than motor cycling.
Surely, whilst the NHS is flat out dealing with Covid, stopping this dangerous activity would be a good thing.
You'd be staggered at how many A&E patients began the day on a horse.
I think you may find that the only comparison of relative dangers (casualty and injury rates) is of different sports e.g. horse racing v motor cycle racing.

That is completely different from recreational horse riding.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely, whilst the NHS is flat out dealing with Covid, stopping this dangerous activity would be a good thing.
You are perhaps overlooking the fact that the horse needs exercise ? Which you do by riding them. On the other hand, a narrow towpath, is not really the place to do it, especially if it is busy with other different users.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’d be more than happy to offer an immediate apology if you can point out where I stated that older (more at risk) people should have care withheld. That is not the system that I’m considering at all ?

Sorry but did I quote your post? Are you really that sensitive that you feel that someone else's responses are aimed at you? Seriously, lets get away from this sort of stupidity.

C'mon Danny this goes way beyond political preferences. There's really only three responses. Mask, space etc. Do we really need to turn this into what who should respon.... you know what, this forum needs to grow some BALLS. Forget which party has the right answer, covid couldn't give a monkeys!!! Wash your hands!!! Its that simple.

Honestly I see idiots, ex-electricians etc tell me what we should do. The reality is quite simple. If you're an expert in electricity or whatever, listen to those who are experts in what matters!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're not an an expert on virology or epidimilogy shut up.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Personally I don’t see the new scarier contagious strain of Covid as a way of making me comply Even more. Nothing has changed from day one. Covid kills end of story.
What does make me focus is listening to drs, nurses, those within the NHS that are on the front line and have no political or other agenda. other than save lives. Those that after this Covid has finished will have many sleepless nights seeing multiple deaths on a daily basis.
Re quoting obese 19 yr olds in hospital. Maybe A few “ young uns” need to look in the mirror because if obesity is a killer, in a country that is rammed with obesity, it’s more than just young uns.

Jeez, sober up and focus on posting something sensible ----- p off. Seriously Tashy. your crap isn't helping!!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Personally I don’t see the new scarier contagious strain of Covid as a way of making me comply Even more. Nothing has changed from day one. Covid kills end of story.
What does make me focus is listening to drs, nurses, those within the NHS that are on the front line and have no political or other agenda. other than save lives. Those that after this Covid has finished will have many sleepless nights seeing multiple deaths on a daily basis.
Re quoting obese 19 yr olds in hospital. Maybe A few “ young uns” need to look in the mirror because if obesity is a killer, in a country that is rammed with obesity, it’s more than just young uns.

Jeez, sober up and focus on posting something sensible -----or p off. Seriously Tashy, your crap isn't helping!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Your holier than thou attitude is shocking when you consider your attitude at the start of the pandemic and your actions jetting off on your holiday when it was clear something was happening

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

No—- send HID out everyday to fetch the droppings from the back land for the garden :love::love::love:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry but did I quote your post? Are you really that sensitive that you feel that someone else's responses are aimed at you? Seriously, lets get away from this sort of stupidity.

C'mon Danny this goes way beyond political preferences. There's really only three responses. Mask, space etc. Do we really need to turn this into what who should respon.... you know what, this forum needs to grow some BALLS. Forget which party has the right answer, covid couldn't give a sh!t!!!! Wash your hands!!! Its that simple.

Honestly I see idiots, ex-electricians etc tell me what we should do. The reality is quite simple. If you're an expert in electricity or whatever, listen to those who are experts in what matters!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're not an an expert on virology or epidimilogy shut the 'uck up.
No, you didn’t. But the discussion had 2 distinct sides, and I was tentatively on one of them. And in all honesty, there was definitely some misrepresentation of the options being discussed. I don’t recall anyone suggesting that care should be withheld from anyone else. I was considering one option, which was to shield the most vulnerable groups, whilst opening up Society to those at lower risk.
I thought it was a discussion worth having on here. If people don’t want to discuss that, then don’t ?
With regards to listening to experts. I fully agree. Absolutely. Remove politics completely.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think you should walk somewhere else rather than trying to create rules for all cyclists, runners and horse riders based on your assessment of one narrow riverside path

Theres as many problems with walkers as there is with cyclists, my biggest moan is that so many cyclists these days don’t seem to have a bell and thing that slowing down is an insult to their masculinity. There’s room for everyone but a bit of politness would go amiss.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sober up or p*** off. Cheers Hobbit. Sat here feeling knackered the after effects of Covid and am replying to some folk that think Certain aspects of Covid is a scare story. Replying to what some have quoted without telling them to p off.

try focusing on writing something sensible without telling them to p off.

Have a nice day.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No, you didn’t. But the discussion had 2 distinct sides, and I was tentatively on one of them. And in all honesty, there was definitely some misrepresentation of the options being discussed. I don’t recall anyone suggesting that care should be withheld from anyone else. I was considering one option, which was to shield the most vulnerable groups, whilst opening up Society to those at lower risk.
I thought it was a discussion worth having on here. If people don’t want to discuss that, then don’t ?
With regards to listening to experts. I fully agree. Absolutely. Remove politics completely.

I think Danfst isn’t a million miles away from the right answer but is being very clumsy, nor are you, I just feel we all need to get the language right.

Maybe this is an in the pub discussion.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Guys
Let’s just take a few to calm down
It’s an emotive subject that affects everyone and it’s a Sunday and I’m sure some have had a snifter already (I have)

Let’s take 5 and come back with the anger abated, this is a place to vent and to shout and to cry

The Rev Fragger has spoken ?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys
Let’s just take a few to calm down
It’s an emotive subject that affects everyone and it’s a Sunday and I’m sure some have had a snifter already (I have)

Let’s take 5 and come back with the anger abated, this is a place to vent and to shout and to cry

The Rev Fragger has spoken ?
I’m offended by your response Phil. I’ve not had a drink since 2020 and it’s now all I can think of ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Went for a walk, the other day, along the river a few hundred yards from my house.
BIG mistake.
It seemed to be a cross between a narrow athletics track and a single lane velodrome.
Walkers seemed to be virtually invisible!
90% of the runners/cyclists just expected walkers to stand aside, assuming there was enough room to do so safely.
It got me thinking about safety, in all it's guises, to keep the NHS workload as low as possible during Covid.
Cyclist should always have to wear a safety hat, always, and should always wear a mask when cycling off road, i.e. where walkers are likely to be.
Runners should also have to wear a mask when running along busy paths or pavements.
Recreational horse riding should not be allowed.
Thoughts?

Best wishes and hopes to Mrs Colch's family.

That appears to be a rude attitude from runners and cyclists that you prob would have seen before Covid anyway

A runner and a cyclist will always expect someone to move aside mainly because of the pace they are going at and it’s easier for someone walking to change direction or move aside

Not sure why runners and cyclists should wear masks and what’s wrong with someone riding a horse ?

I think sometimes people just want everyone to be locked up inside 24/7

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Where are we in southern Spain at present? Locally we’re in lockdown. The village is in a good place but everywhere is toast., hence we can’t travel.

So where am I with this? A daughter who is going blind, and has an MS diagnosis. A daughter who’s new born son has just had an emergency operation. A daughter who has just had COVID and who’s 7 months baby has stopped growing.

You know what. The snowflakes amongst you need to ........ to grow up. You really haven’t got a clue What real pressure is.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A runner and a cyclist will always expect someone to move aside mainly because of the pace they are going at and it’s easier for someone walking to change direction or move aside
The irony being here that they expect vehicles to stop instantaniously the moment they breath on the kerb stone to cross the road, whether at a crossing or not.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Post from new forest police on fb today, car parks rammed, people questioned as to why they were there, some had travelled from as far as Guildford. You honestly couldnt make it up :(