Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I heard nothing to the Contrary I take it we are still on a 2 week review for tiers. I know they mentioned 18th Jan but that seem to be purely the date for the next ONS data release.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We’ve had a lucky escape, we’re in Surrey although on the Greater London border so we’ll be going back on 4th January all being well. I would be worried if I were in one of the above areas as I just cannot see the infection levels reducing enough in the near future to allow the schools to open.

The framework my sister sent says childcare and early years should open

Who knows

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s all this need for a vaccine, China appear to have eradicated COVID without a jab and N Korea got away with it completely.:eek::ROFLMAO:
Like others on here I have a relative over in China. Life is back to normal, he saw the new Wonder Woman film at the cinema last week after eating at a restaurant ?............except they can't really go anywhere. Not between regions, not out of the country. Well they can but then they have to isolate in a way that would not be tolerated here. The moment they open up they will be goosed, as will other countries in a similar situation.

Unless...........they also get vaccinated, which at this point there is no chat about. I've told my relative already that it will be added into the water ?. He laughed nervously at this comment ?

N.Korea o_Oo_O

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Staffing levels struggling now we've escalated. Went in for a couple of hours first thing and staff are knackered, down and working on empty. We are at risk of being overrun and we've escalated into another area (14 extra beds) so we're at 36 hot beds (covid) and 12 for non covid. One hot and one cold bed free as at 9.00am. Things are bleaker than March

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Staffing levels struggling now we've escalated. Went in for a couple of hours first thing and staff are knackered, down and working on empty. We are at risk of being overrun and we've escalated into another area (14 extra beds) so we're at 36 hot beds (covid) and 12 for non covid. One hot and one cold bed free as at 9.00am. Things are bleaker than March

MK General currently has over 200 patients with COVID as of today.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
MK General currently has over 200 patients with COVID as of today.

I'm not surprised. I wasn't in long enough to see the totals from the bed meeting and couldn't be asked to go through all my emails (a job that can wait until I am officially back on Monday). Rota for the weekend not looking good and already offering enhanced rates to try and get staff to come in. Agencies struggling as people don't want to work New Years Eve (although no-one can go anywhere or do anything so not understanding that one) and I think it'll be seat of the pants stuff for most of January

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Feeling sad that some of my family can't get together this year and celebrate like we use to :cry: . Worse still, the way it's worked out my daughter will be isolated on her own at Hogmanay :cry:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely ridiculous second dosage of vaccine been delayed up to twelve weeks from first :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cond-stage-nhs-vaccinations-delayed-across-uk

How is that even ethical going against the vaccines developers / scientists guidelines on how it should be taken?

They said this morning they are basically doing what Blair said to do 2 weeks ago

Give as many people the first jab as possible as it gives a layer of protection and would enable restrictions to end sooner

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolutely ridiculous second dosage of vaccine been delayed up to twelve weeks from first :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cond-stage-nhs-vaccinations-delayed-across-uk

How is that even ethical going against the vaccines developers / scientists guidelines on how it should be taken?

From what I read you get most of your immunity from the initial jab with the second just topping up. Surely it therefore makes sense to get the first lot out to as many as possible rather than having a smaller number who are fully immune.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really sad but annoying story this one.

Friend of my daughters - hasn't taken a blind bit of notice of most restrictions. Gets together at Christmas with his family - around 15 of them so puts them in the same category of stupidity. He then falls ill on Boxing Day and gets a positive test. One of his grand-parents falls ill a couple of days later and died yesterday from Covid. His first post on social media - blames the Government and the NHS for not doing more for him.

What honestly can you do?