Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do people feel about Trick or Treat this year..?
I have to say it doesnt strike me as a good idea.

Certainly won't be taking my two out going door to door. However, our town are encouraging people to display a pumpkin in their windows and then families can go on a pumpkin trail with the kids. Every time they spot one we put a sweet in their bucket.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I dont really think you can decide to relax things for one day as people take piss. One day turns into two and in turn becomes a few and some will completely take the piss and do exactly what they want.

The last thing I could imagine letting a country do in a “pandemic” is allow a mass infectious scenario for one day. Want covid with your gravy grandma?
And it won’t be for one day, it’ll be Christmas Eve, Boxing Day And then it’ll be back to screaming “wear your damn mask”!

Absolute farcical that I can hear the twilight zone theme tune. :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Desks are sprayed and wiped every lesson and kids use hand gel when they enter rooms. Pupils wear masks in corridors and teachers wear masks when near pupils.
Makes for a tiring day!
Tell HID about it. She has been seconded from her HR role along with another lady to do nothing but walk around the school spraying the hand rails, door handles, dining areas, toilets as well as supplying every class with their own supply of cloths so they can wipe down their class after each lesson (and wash the dirty ones). Masks are mandatory for the kids in the corridors, library, common room, dining hall etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

One paper was moaning that Boris had ruined Halloween

Sorry but if you need the gov to tell you that during a global pandemic going from door to door collecting things and taking them home to eat then you really are stupid (not you just a rant)

Who cares about Halloween.. always next year. Move on

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pumpkins going outside the back door this year and visiting our own house only, still get the fun but don't mix households.

Xmas is going to just be 5 of us, rather than the usual 14 or so and be a very curtailed affair. Minimize risk to the grandparents is priority.

One paper was moaning that Boris had ruined Halloween
It is pointless to blame the government for a global pandemic, it is happening and needs to be dealt with, plenty of time for analysis of it later. I think that is probably as far as we can go as we shouldn't get political around here, this is a golf forum after all.

AdamW

Visit site
Just a quick one but can anyone recommend a washable mask which doesn't steam up with glasses? Having a nightmare shopping with mine

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a quick one but can anyone recommend a washable mask which doesn't steam up with glasses? Having a nightmare shopping with mine

Get one of these... simples..

s-l640.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I doubt many elderly (or indeed any of us) would find it very nice having half a doz kids at their door 'demanding money with menaces' (as that is what 'trick or treat' seems to me - and what guising never was)

If a neighbour or a friend with children let me know in advance that theirs - maybe with a few others - would like to come round and would I be OK with that - then fine. I'd welcome them to my door.

But random children/youths? No thankyou. Sorry.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
KenL has it right. You have to deal with the glasses rather than the mask.
For normal daily mixed 'use' - I wear varifocal glasses - my contacts prescription is for distance (leisure) use. However, fed up with steaming up - I got a 'reading' prescription sorted for the contact lens of my left (non-dominant) eye. By wearing my distance/normal lens in my dominant (right) eye and the reading lens in my left eye, I can do normal mixed 'use' with contacts in. Not perfect of course, but perfectly adequate and no issues whatsoever, And so steaming up need no longer be an issue for me if I so choose.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Just tuck the top of the mask under the bridge of your glasses. You may need to position your glasses a little bit further down your nose but that works for me for the limited time I am shopping nowadays.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Reading between the lines of what I am hearing - our Test, Trace and Isolate system uses an Excel spreadsheet as the data exchange mechanism between our Testing system and our Track and Trace system. And the number of records exceeded the Excel limit - and so 16,000 didn't get exported from the former to the latter. Well...using Excel for the critical integration aspect of one of the UK's most critical systems. And we are paying many, many 10s of millions for this system. I am rather gob-smacked...

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading between the lines of what I am hearing - our Test, Trace and Isolate system uses an Excel spreadsheet as the data exchange mechanism between our Testing system and our Track and Trace system. And the number of records exceeded the Excel limit - and so 16,000 didn't get exported from the former to the latter. Well...using Excel for the critical integration aspect of one of the UK's most critical systems. And we are paying many, many 10s of millions for this system. I am rather gob-smacked...

Be interesting to know where you have got you info from