Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not saying it will either but it's not beyond the realms of possibility the powers that be say a certain age must self isolate for longer.

There might be age discrimination issues there. I can see it being "strongly advised," and "in your best interests," but I can't see there being a law that says all 70 year old and/or all in the "at risk group" or forced to stay in.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fencing it off would be a huge job wouldn't it?
No way they could do it next door with the public footpath going through the middle of it. I've been walking round next door daily, caught one muppet hitting balls last night and stopped him, everyone else is just bimbling around.
A couple of kids left their little bikes on a green today, I started to wheel them off to the side and heard the mum shouting from 100 yards away, she thought I was nicking them ?.
By the time they got there I just smiled and said the cut out bits were special areas, if they can stay on the longer grass it would be appreciated, all very friendly.
Haven't seen any other issues.

Haven't been over that way for a few days as we've taken to heading towards Bayhurst Woods... Earlier in the week there were several groups picnicing/sunbathing and could see the occassional glint of a flashing shaft from a swinging club... I suspect the lines of contact to the local councillors have been busy!

ferenezejohn

Visit site
There might be age discrimination issues there. I can see it being "strongly advised," and "in your best interests," but I can't see there being a law that says all 70 year old and/or all in the "at risk group" or forced to stay in.
When I made the analogy, it was more to point out how different rules for different areas of the country could cause a lot of unrest.
Myself turning 70 next week with two high risk people in the house common sense tells me I'll be treading warily for months to come.
Your point is a valid one.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When I made the analogy, it was more to point out how different rules for different areas of the country could cause a lot of unrest.
Myself turning 70 next week with two high risk people in the house common sense tells me I'll be treading warily for months to come.
Your point is a valid one.

As of tomorrow, Costa Blanca and the western end of Costa del Sol are opening their beaches to children accompanied by adults.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bugger

Turns out my "wobble" on Thursday may be more. Got sent home. Hit me like a freight train when I got in. Sick, upset stomach, and then fought a fever for next 24 hours. Managed to get a test, ironically at Ascot racecourse. Just had a phone call and "inconclusive" so got to go and be retested tomorrow. Been taking paracetamol regularly and fever has reduced but not got dry cough and test tight when I do but hoping that's the strain of throwing up. Blood sugars through the roof too.

Part of me naturally hopes this isn't the virus but it then begs the question what would come on so quickly. One of the main symptoms seems to be sudden onset. Hopefully the test tomorrow will confirm one way or another Been sleeping on and off since Thursday afternoon but thinking may be dehydrated which accounts for the spike in bloods. Any which way not feeling tickety boo but managed to get up and eat a little

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bugger

Turns out my "wobble" on Thursday may be more. Got sent home. Hit me like a freight train when I got in. Sick, upset stomach, and then fought a fever for next 24 hours. Managed to get a test, ironically at Ascot racecourse. Just had a phone call and "inconclusive" so got to go and be retested tomorrow. Been taking paracetamol regularly and fever has reduced but not got dry cough and test tight when I do but hoping that's the strain of throwing up. Blood sugars through the roof too.
Very best wishes for a speedy recovery whatever it may be.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bugger

Part of me naturally hopes this isn't the virus but it then begs the question what would come on so quickly. One of the main symptoms seems to be sudden onset. Hopefully the test tomorrow will confirm one way or another Been sleeping on and off since Thursday afternoon but thinking may be dehydrated which accounts for the spike in bloods. Any which way not feeling tickety boo but managed to get up and eat a little
Hope you’re feeling better soon Martin ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Bugger

Not good news H, get well soon fella.

Did they do your blood tests aswell as the covid19 test?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bugger

Stay safe H ?...

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bugger

And breath mate, staying calm and positive is essential as you would know as is having a chat with someone.