Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Worked at Leeds Train station last night. Leeds was an absolute ghost town. Didn’t see 1 person walking around while driving to site. Only passed police cars and taxi’s. Feels very much like the opening scenes of 28 days later.
My son had to drive from Sheffield to Leeds this morning for an emergency dental appointment. He said was weird driving through Sheffield - hardly a sole about - up the M1 - empty - and Leeds deserted. Dentist spoke with him out of an outside window and wore full face mask (he described at securicor-like) - not surprising no dental work being done at the moment so another dose of anti-Bs

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did not affect my roast cooking today .. the potatoes were perfection.
It’s very windy outside as well .. which seems to be normal for this part of the country.
Generally no change apart from me changing my swing start which I now refer to as “drop and smash” .. the club drops and as it drops you speed it up as hard as you can .. of cause it could hit a ball absolutely anywhere but the moss in the lawn flew straight and the foam balls stayed straight. The plastic ribbed ball shot in a lovely straight line and over next doors fence ..

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
they are talking may be 6 months. 6 months? 6 months!

When I heard the "3-6 months, maybe longer" I felt my heart drop. I'm now expecting 3 months on lockdown and then a gradual lifting of restrictions to assess the impact and then lift some more. I figure any less will be a bonus.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When I heard the "3-6 months, maybe longer" I felt my heart drop. I'm now expecting 3 months on lockdown and then a gradual lifting of restrictions to assess the impact and then lift some more. I figure any less will be a bonus.

Certainly in here Dr Catherine Calderwood was saying she expects at least another 13 weeks of lockdown conditions in Scotland.

That takes us into June.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
they are talking may be 6 months. 6 months? 6 months!
People right now are throwing numbers out all over. We pick up on this quote, others will say far less but that doesn't get a headline. We simply don't know though, it depends on how things pan out, how it spreads, the rate it spreads.

Economically I can't see 6 months at this level being possible so the govt will listen to the scientists and then have to make some decisions as the consequences of a total economic collapse are pretty major as well.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’m furloughed from Wednesday, in work tomorrow, taking a days enforced holiday on Tuesday.

The upside is I’ll be able to do more moderating along side the long diy list I have compiled:)

What? ...........?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Is that a good or bad thing? Should we be following their lead or pitying them for their naivety ? Are we jealous or thankful we are not living in Sweden?

I wish I knew. Just reading Hobbit's posts Spain is absolutely Draconian yet Sweden is doing nothing; who knows which is correct? History will tell us who was correct, but I keep thinking of the old adage that "there are lies, damn lies and statistics." I just hope the statistics we are basing the predictions on are correct, but I have my doubts.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

How the heck can the country afford all those wages for 3 months? It's madness a tell thi ?
I'm going to be massively out of pocket by the looks of it, starting to sink in now how much it's going to cost me.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that a good or bad thing? Should we be following their lead or pitying them for their naivety ? Are we jealous or thankful we are not living in Sweden?
Brutally honest, we have no idea. Did Prince Charles get C19 from the King of Monaco? There seems to be inconsistencies in the incubation figures. Which then leads to doubt about infection time.. how long are you infectious?
Who really is at risk .. not who is dead, the survivors are as interesting as the dead.. no information on those.
Frankly speaking this is looking like amateur hour .. don’t get me wrong, I do like a laugh but they can do better by a long chalk and the press needs to stand up and stop the sensationalisation and start to deal in proper facts and statistical analysis..

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
What i think some people are not getting is that the lock down primarily is not to stop or cure the virus, currently no cure so no idea how long it will last . It is to stop the speed of the spread of it so hospitals can cope .

They expect most of us to get it just dont want us all getting it together. It possibly proves that a 1 off, bite the bullet investment years ago could have had all our medical services up to speed and maybe in a better place to manage what is happening now

In my opinion its only that this virus hits the rich as much as the poor is the reason the money people are throwing money at it .

I know i could b miles off . Its just an opinion ..