Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
At Tesco’s yesterday they were providing wipes and antibacterial spray to clean your trolley down. Fair enough. Where do you draw the line though? Do you individually wipe each product you’ve bought when you get home? They will have come in contact with a fair few people before you put into your trolley. Washing your hands often is still the most sensible solution, or you’re going to have to live in a bubble for the next 3 months or so.

I was paranoid enough to wipe everything down we bought yesterday and disposed of all packaging that we could.

Probably way OTT however it somehow makes me feel better having two children in the house knowing I've done everything I could to minimise the risks.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was paranoid enough to wipe everything down we bought yesterday and disposed of all packaging that we could.

Probably way OTT however it somehow makes me feel better having two children in the house knowing I've done everything I could to minimise the risks.
The thought had crossed my mind, especially as ‘they’ still don’t know how long the virus can live on surfaces etc. Washing your hands after touching will have same net effect though. Plus, Tesco’s had no anti-bacterial wipes, so the decision was easier for me.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Party!!

Hoping for good weather this afternoon. Just received notification in our local community FB group. 2pm today for about 45 mins, terrace party! A bit different as we'll all be on our own terraces. One of our community is a professional singer/entertainer, and will have her amp going full blast whilst she runs through her numbers.
Try and post the video and cheer us up (y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Most packing is done by robots now.
So the only person who has touched it is another shopper or the shelf stacker.
We have been decanting everything into Tupperware containers where possible, and disposing of packing makes perfect sense to me.
Can’t be to careful now.
Plus gives me something to do ,I am getting very bored already.
Shuffling Tupperware containers around could be another hobby , don’t think it will catch on though.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The thought had crossed my mind, especially as ‘they’ still don’t know how long the virus can live on surfaces etc. Washing your hands after touching will have same net effect though. Plus, Tesco’s had no anti-bacterial wipes, so the decision was easier for me.
I leave the shopping bag at the door, my wife then cleans all the packaging .

Fish

Banned
Visit site
First initial cut to the back lawn, that was hard work as it was sooo loooong & folded, will need another cut in a day or 2 to get nice & equal.

Emptied the remaining litres from my Adblue drum, now safely stored.

Smashed old aquarium up into the blue recycle bin.

I’ve worked my way halfway into the garage and found stuff I never knew I had or have seen for years?

I’ll hit the garage again in a few days as I think I need to spread these jobs out, I’ve never worked so hard ??

D

Deleted member 17920

Boys in blue spent a lot of yesterday sat at junction 27 on m5 turning caravans around and sending them back up north.
Jesus. People are just extremely thick

Essential travel? Nah mate it’s just a long bank holiday ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Better to be accused of being paranoid and being safe, than being too bravado about it. I detect a danger of getting too relaxed with this thing. It seems a natural human trait to " to get too fussy,etc", but this virus doesn't respond to anything. It just does it's thing, and if conditions are right ,it will infect.
My efforts might turn out to be in vain, but I know I've tried to be logical about it.
Blasé is not a virtue at the moment

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Better to be accused of being paranoid and being safe, than being too bravado about it. I detect a danger of getting too relaxed with this thing. It seems a natural human trait to " to get too fussy,etc", but this virus doesn't respond to anything. It just does it's thing, and if conditions are right ,it will infect.
My efforts might turn out to be in vain, but I know I've tried to be logical about it.
Blasé is not a virtue at the moment

Best advice I've read is to act like you and your family already have it. So like most people do, you do what you can to stay at home so you are not passing it on to anyone. How much people want to disinfect everything that comes into their house in an attempt to not catch it is up to them. But I'd argue not doing so is not really blase.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
police in Tamworth had to bust the doors open in two pubs yesterday. apparently rammed full with drinkers. shoot on site i say

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a heads up, if you receive an email from the Department for Health saying not to eat tinned pork because it contains Covid-19 ignore it. It’s spam.
??
Sorry
that's soooooooooooo bad it's almost funny. gonna use it at work tonight though ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

OTT; maybe. Understandable; perfectly.

Stay safe.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Today’s alternative to golf - I cleaned the high parts and roof of our conservatory. Now if Mrs Hogie has suggested I did that instead of golf then ? however today ?

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Today’s alternative to golf - I cleaned the high parts hand roof of our conservatory. Now if Mrs Hogie has suggested I did that instead of golf then ? however today ?

Mine was cleaning the lounge window frames. May not sound a lot but one full wall has 20 panes of glass. They get a bit mucky through the winter with condensation, now look like sparkling new.