Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
PPS.

Just watched a live "gig" of Kezia Gill. 90 mins of live music. Smashing! She's promised to do it again in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
All breathing the same air tho

We are social distancing but the air is recycled via the air con. One of us gets it and we will be infected .

I've been told that the virus is not airborne, therefore not infectious via air con.
I also believe that air con systems have filters.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All breathing the same air tho

We are social distancing but the air is recycled via the air con. One of us gets it and we will be infected .

So why are coaches still running, planes even, and with construction sites small & large still in operation, crew cabs and minibuses flying down the motorways every morning packed with 5-8 workers in them.

In fact on your premise there should be a directive of only 1 person to travel in a vehicle at any one time!

aircon would only do so much, droplets from speaking, coughing etc would all spread in those circumstances.

People are complaining about the levels of restrictions now, they’re lucky it’s not fully locked down, which will come at some point, but proportionally imo.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sat in a squad car, one front one back, simple. Agree there are times they will doing things when they are going to be close together but when they can, surly they are better off keeping some distance.
sure they can keep distance at times but that horse has already bolted. they are forced by the nature of their job to be very close to each other. we share a station with the police and neither of us really practise any form of distancing between our own crews but most definitely do with other crews and services. it's sounds easy in theory for its just not practical

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Notification from our town hall; try not to go out for the next 24 hours, and definitely don't let dogs/cats out. A strong disinfectant is going to be sprayed on the roads and pavements. That's at least 4 times in the last 13 days, although it sounds like they're going to use the nuclear disinfectant this time.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was quite pleased with the safety measures for my shopping trip yesterday, mask, snood, rubber gloves.
After returning my shopping trolley I carefully removed my gloves even put them in a carrier bag to bin later.
Later it dawned on me I'd been using my mobile while pushing the trolley around wearing the rubber gloves, then I spent half the night on the phone and lap top I'm feeling a bit stupid and worried now:cry::mad:.
I don't think the trollies are cleaned that often.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I was quite pleased with the safety measures for my shopping trip yesterday, mask, snood, rubber gloves.
After returning my shopping trolley I carefully removed my gloves even put them in a carrier bag to bin later.
Later it dawned on me I'd been using my mobile while pushing the trolley around wearing the rubber gloves, then I spent half the night on the phone and lap top I'm feeling a bit stupid and worried now:cry::mad:.

Whilst everyone needs to take as many precautions as possible, there is a danger you can go all Howard Hughes and worry about literally everything you do when you leave the house. If that is the case then the only thing to do is just self isolate for the next few months. But I'd suggest most people just need to be sensible and not get paranoid.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Party!!

Hoping for good weather this afternoon. Just received notification in our local community FB group. 2pm today for about 45 mins, terrace party! A bit different as we'll all be on our own terraces. One of our community is a professional singer/entertainer, and will have her amp going full blast whilst she runs through her numbers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Party!!

Hoping for good weather this afternoon. Just received notification in our local community FB group. 2pm today for about 45 mins, terrace party! A bit different as we'll all be on our own terraces. One of our community is a professional singer/entertainer, and will have her amp going full blast whilst she runs through her numbers.
Excellent.
Sing one for me......or maybe not..:censored:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Starting to, maybe, feel the effects of this virus.
Had a night of chills and sweats - no fever though - a bit of a dull head and tickly throat plus some stomach pains.
Nothing alarming and now I'm up and about they've disappeared.
Mrs Imurg has similar and has spoken to doctors at work and they seem to think we may have it.
In isolation for another 10 days anyway so, with a bit of luck, it'll be gone by the time lockdown finishes.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At Tesco’s yesterday they were providing wipes and antibacterial spray to clean your trolley down. Fair enough. Where do you draw the line though? Do you individually wipe each product you’ve bought when you get home? They will have come in contact with a fair few people before you put into your trolley. Washing your hands often is still the most sensible solution, or you’re going to have to live in a bubble for the next 3 months or so.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
At Tesco’s yesterday they were providing wipes and antibacterial spray to clean your trolley down. Fair enough. Where do you draw the line though? Do you individually wipe each product you’ve bought when you get home? They will have come in contact with a fair few people before you put into your trolley. Washing your hands often is still the most sensible solution, or you’re going to have to live in a bubble for the next 3 months or so.

We should all be washing our hands very frequently.
How hard can it be?

.jpg

Hey, just trying to lighten the mood. (y)