Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Gove doing the briefing. Waste of time as he seemed incapable of answering the questions asked and there doesn't seem to be any opportunity for follow-up. Bring back Rishi!

How's about - Hi Michael - what happened to the Health Secretary telling us on QT that we were part of the EU initiative to procure ventilators. But we aren't. Somehow. When we are desperate for them. Now.

Calling Gove a knob is insulting a knob.. absolutely dire. Spoke to a script. Did not answer anything and passed onto the ‘experts’ that he said we have too many off. I hate to admit that at one point I wanted him to win over BoJo (before he stuck his knife and lost my vote) .. BoJo surrounds himself with clowns. BTW where is DomCom?

The one shinning light is Sunak.. so far he has been hitting it out of the park. Long may it continue

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Gove doing the briefing. Waste of time as he seemed incapable of answering the questions asked and there doesn't seem to be any opportunity for follow-up. Bring back Rishi!

How's about - Hi Michael - what happened to the Health Secretary telling us on QT that we were part of the EU initiative to procure ventilators. But we aren't. Somehow. When we are desperate for them. Now.

What went wrong with the vent initiative, who knows? But I do hope when it all comes out someone gets a gentle roasting at gas mark 7. That's for the future though.

But on a practical level, the initiative was about pricing not availability!! The German company I used to work for have an order book 10 miles thick. The orders are being dealt with like a taxi rank, but with a little more intelligence. Its part first come, first served and its can we ship 30 to xx and 30 to yy and 30 to zz. It isn't about fulfilling one order before starting the next one.

So, bear in mind. All the UK has missed out on is preferred pricing, not timing of delivery.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've had it !

Being cooped up with the other half for a week now is extremely stressful and I have done my best to be cheerful and happy

But

She's only gone and eaten one of my Magnum ice lollies ???????

Unbelievable coincidence -- my other half did exactly the same at 5:15pm this afternoon - last Raspberry Magnum; now all gone - essential trip out tomorrow. Hope they're not limited to 2 packs. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

D

Deleted member 1740

What went wrong with the vent initiative, who knows? But I do hope when it all comes out someone gets a gentle roasting at gas mark 7. That's for the future though.

But on a practical level, the initiative was about pricing not availability!! The German company I used to work for have an order book 10 miles thick. The orders are being dealt with like a taxi rank, but with a little more intelligence. Its part first come, first served and its can we ship 30 to xx and 30 to yy and 30 to zz. It isn't about fulfilling one order before starting the next one.

So, bear in mind. All the UK has missed out on is preferred pricing, not timing of delivery.

This weeks £350m will cover that ??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Unbelievable coincidence -- my other half did exactly the same at 5:15pm this afternoon - last Raspberry Magnum; now all gone - essential trip out tomorrow. Hope they're not limited to 2 packs. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I only have standard vanilla ones - I dont eat her flippin porridge ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Bit depressing research on SARS antibody and how long it last, concludes around 2 years, once beyond 3 years its not great at all:-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851497/

Among 176 patients who had had severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), SARS-specific antibodies were maintained for an average of 2 years, and significant reduction of immunoglobulin G–positive percentage and titers occurred in the third year. Thus, SARS patients might be susceptible to reinfection >3 years after initial exposure.

Very worrying, vaccine required please!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well, I got challenged, by a member of the constabulary, whilst out earlier for my daily allowance... After a brief explanation he advised "stay safe and keep your distance from others" ... Fine, I thought (but was too spineless to question) you've got someone sat right next to you who's probably no relation...

So that police officer was putting his health and his family's health at risk upholding the law and doing the job he signed up to do. He was assigned a car and a neighbour at work, again being put in danger and all you can think is to criticise??

Sums up the attitude of the British public.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sat in a squad car, one front one back, simple. Agree there are times they will doing things when they are going to be close together but when they can, surly they are better off keeping some distance.

A difference of about 30cm between front and back seats. Some real idiots on this forum. Still comfortably within the 2m which they can't avoid. These officers you are happily criticising while sat at home don't have that choice of staying at home.

Give them a break and a bit of respect.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
A difference of about 30cm between front and back seats. Some real idiots on this forum. Still comfortably within the 2m which they can't avoid. These officers you are happily criticising while sat at home don't have that choice of staying at home.

Give them a break and a bit of respect.

As it happens the officers were in a mini bus... Plenty of room to achieve social distancing with one up front and one in the far rear seats...

And, as I noted in my follow up post... The conversation was all cool... Just that I found it mildly amusing I was being advised to be distance aware whilst he clearly wasn't practicing his own advice...

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got to stop watching the news. Jesus Christ how my foot didn'ty go through the screen. People going to beauty spots and taking BBq's. Homeless, moaning there's no one to sponge off. Some bluddy woman saying these people can't feed their bluddy dogs or summat (I was ranting at the time might have missed her point). People in charge standing together discussing what to do, huddled up like they were in a scrum, morons!!!!!! THen complaining about the general public not doing what they have been told to do AND NEITHER ARE THEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. MORONS!!!!!! The UK is full of MORONS!!!!!!!!

On a better note . I've sanded down out outdoor table ready for treatment. Two days work!!!!! Next job is the shed. Then indoor painting. Then karaoke database editing. (This will take 2 months). Tomorrow tea is Tuscan Chicken.

Oh and one more thing. Mum is 80. Wife rang her today to check up to see if she is ok. Yup. all good. She's popped round to her brothers and his wife and is slugging down wine, with the promise of whiskey to follow. I give up!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As it happens the officers were in a meat wagon... Plenty of room to achieve social distancing with one up front and one in the far rear seats...

And, as I noted in my follow up post... The conversation was all cool... Just that I found it mildly amusing I was being advised to be distance aware whilst he clearly wasn't practicing his own advice...

All breathing the same air tho

We are social distancing but the air is recycled via the air con. One of us gets it and we will be infected .