Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

RichA

Visit site
The current fuss being made by some about not fully normalising by 21st June is reminiscent of the media's badgering the government not to "cancel christmas".
The government bottled christmas and left it to the common sense of the masses. The worst wave of deaths began a couple of weeks later.
We're now mostly back to normal and vaccinated.
We've come this far. I don't understand why we would take any risk while we wait to see what the score is with the current blip.

D-S

Visit site
78.4% of adults have received one dose, 55.9% of adults have received two doses as of today. A 4 week delay would allow an extra 12 million jabs in arms at the current rate, if they were evenly distributed between first and second doses this would equate to 90% of those 18+ single jabbed and 67% fully vaccinated.
4 weeks in the scheme of what we have gone through and under the current liveable restrictions seems very sensible to me.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
78.4% of adults have received one dose, 55.9% of adults have received two doses as of today. A 4 week delay would allow an extra 12 million jabs in arms at the current rate, if they were evenly distributed between first and second doses this would equate to 90% of those 18+ single jabbed and 67% fully vaccinated.
4 weeks in the scheme of what we have gone through and under the current liveable restrictions seems very sensible to me.

Can’t see it making any difference if the unmentionables continue to refuse the jab. almost all the current cases are eligible for the vaccine but have refused. ?‍♂️

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, but if someone gets an annoying cough, they may put someone else in hospital. If you stop that someone getting the cough, you also stop the other person ending in hospital. Hence the need to maintain controls on transmissibility.
But I thought this was the whole point of a vaccine, to either stop person a getting it and passing it to person b, or at the least if transmission does happen then making it that person b migjt get ill bjt stays out of hospital.
If there is any truth about the majority of hospitalisations being from thise who have refused a vaccine why should the rest of us have to suffer further restrictions?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
But I thought this was the whole point of a vaccine, to either stop person a getting it and passing it to person b, or at the least if transmission does happen then making it that person b migjt get ill bjt stays out of hospital.
If there is any truth about the majority of hospitalisations being from thise who have refused a vaccine why should the rest of us have to suffer further restrictions?

It isn't all those who have refused, it includes those who have not had a good response (vax not 100% effective, especially with new variants) and those not yet reached in the vax programme. I agree that people who choose not to have the vax should not hold up everybody else.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Because we’re decent people and don’t want people to die because they made a mistake?

Ok, that maybe doesn’t apply to you so I’ll try something else...

Because the more people who catch the virus, the higher the chance a new vaccine resistant variant gets a chance to establish itself.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Because we’re decent people and don’t want people to die because they made a mistake?

Because the more people who catch the virus, the higher the chance a new vaccine resistant variant gets a chance to establish itself.

What do you mean, " made a mistake". . .?
Some people are refusing ( that's a positive, deliberate decision because of some belief or other) to. SD and/or be vaccinated and it means probably harming themselves and others, and doing big damage to the economy and people's financial security and future, and you think that is a "mistake" we should be sympathetic about.

And if we don't , we aren't "decent" people.

You throw diabolical insults at people without a second thought,

and you clearly don't think anyone should be responsible for their actions, even if those actions endanger or restrict other people.
There's always an excuse from that personal responsibility .

Sheesh!

Or maybe I've just taken the bait from a troll

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
What do you mean, " made a mistake". . .?
Some people are refusing ( that's a positive, deliberate decision because of some belief or other) to. SD and/or be vaccinated and it means probably harming themselves and others, and doing big damage to the economy and people's financial security and future, and you think that is a "mistake" we should be sympathetic about.

And if we don't , we aren't "decent" people.

You throw diabolical insults at people without a second thought,

and you clearly don't think anyone should be responsible for their actions, even if those actions endanger or restrict other people.
There's always an excuse from that personal responsibility .

Sheesh!

Or maybe I've just taken the bait from a troll
I think everyone should get the vaccination. To not get the vaccination is a mistake. I hope that’s cleared that one up for you. You seem to have gone off on one a tad there.

D-S

Visit site
I think everyone should get the vaccination. To not get the vaccination is a mistake. I hope that’s cleared that one up for you. You seem to have gone off on one a tad there.
Should there be consequences for this ‘mistake’? It is of course a ‘mistake’ which threatens the lives, mental health and livelihoods of very many people.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm not a decent person because after over 18 months of having my life put on hold for the greater good, whuch I've done without question, I've now had enough and want some normality back and I can't due to a load of dickheads who won't do what they're asked and have a simple little jab???
Whatever, troll....

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Should there be consequences for this ‘mistake’? It is of course a ‘mistake’ which threatens the lives, mental health and livelihoods of very many people.
Yes there should be consequences but that doesn’t mean the rest of us shouldn’t be careful.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm not a decent person because after over 18 months of having my life put on hold for the greater good, whuch I've done without question, I've now had enough and want some normality back and I can't due to a load of dickheads who won't do what they're asked and have a simple little jab???
Whatever, troll....
You’re not a decent person if you don’t care that they’re in paying for the stupidity with their lives in some cases.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whatever, troll....

This report shows the statistics indicate that the increase in hospital admissions includes a large number of 'younger' people that would not have the opportunity to have a vaccine (probably) .
Last report on the page

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

The news report have been saying the same i.e an increase in cases in the younger generations.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
This report shows the statistics indicate that the increase in hospital admissions includes a large number of 'younger' people that would not have the opportunity to have a vaccine (probably) .
Last report on the page

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

The news report have been saying the same i.e an increase in cases in the younger generations.
It must be the reopening then which is responsible for the ‘spike’ rather than the new variants?