Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This could come under random irritation but I'll stick with covid thread as it's related

My daughter went back to nursery Monday. Yesterday she had a runny nose. Today they asked us to get her tested

Now she has no symtoms but respect their ask. Runny nose in kids apparently a sign as they get it mild .. they said go local walk in at the library it's fine so we did

Well I did with her. My heart's broken. Try explaining to a 3 year old why I need to shove something in her nose. Crying the whole time

3 kits wasted as she grabbed the end

I had to pin her down in end which was horrible.

Will have results by 10

Just not nice

I do not mean this to sound jokey but that sounds like the only way I could change my sons nappies when he was a about a year old.

You have my sympathies and understanding.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Question for @Ethan if he knows the answer to this one........

I work offshore so am never sure when I'll be at home and when I'll be away working. When it comes around to my turn on the list I'll go and get my first jab. There's no guarantee that I'll be at home 11/12 weeks later to go and get my second jab. If I'm away working when I'm due for my second jab do I just book it in once I know when I'll be home or would I have to start again

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Question for @Ethan if he knows the answer to this one........

I work offshore so am never sure when I'll be at home and when I'll be away working. When it comes around to my turn on the list I'll go and get my first jab. There's no guarantee that I'll be at home 11/12 weeks later to go and get my second jab. If I'm away working when I'm due for my second jab do I just book it in once I know when I'll be home or would I have to start again

I don't know. I would be inclined to take an appointment and if, closer to the time you can't make it, then try to change it. The prices interval between jabs isn't that critical. You will be decently covered from the first one for longer than 12 weeks.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very interesting Horizon on Coronavirus last night on BBC2 - and of course LC was discussed at some length.

Long Covid does not result from a persisting infection you can't shake off, it is due to knock on effects of the original infection. The patient should not be infectious any longer than someone who doesn't get long Covid.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know. I would be inclined to take an appointment and if, closer to the time you can't make it, then try to change it. The prices interval between jabs isn't that critical. You will be decently covered from the first one for longer than 12 weeks.

Thanks Ethan. Once it's my turn I'll get the first jab done and see how it pans out for the second one.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Under 50s next on the list for jabs. At 48, my time is getting close. Cannot wait.

Well not quite, they on the over 60s right now

So then you got over 55

Over 50

Then the over 40s

They want all over 50 done by April

However they been so quick so the over 40s could be soon

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

So then you got over 55

Over 50

Then the over 40s

Some places are moving faster and are inviting and jabbing the under 60s. Official Govt declarations tend to wait until most places are ready.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

So then you got over 55

Over 50

Then the over 40s

True but we only had a list of categories down to the over 50s until this morning. Could have gone a few routes after that including focusing on certain careers (not sure that there would have been many votes to vaccinate the lawyers first if that were the case), so nice to know that they are sticking with the age route.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

So then you got over 55

Over 50

Then the over 40s

Bear in mind that these groups have way more people in them so getting through each level may take a little more time. We are getting there though, that is the important thing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@pauljames87 I'm amazed at that. You would have thought that older groups would naturally have fewer people in them but that thought doesn't take into account birth rates. The 60-64 group is really low. What happened late 1950's early 60's? Cold war frighten people?

Darn those under 65 at risk groups, pretty much 3 sections in one. We would be flying otherwise :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@pauljames87 I'm amazed at that. You would have thought that older groups would naturally have fewer people in them but that thought doesn't take into account birth rates. The 60-64 group is really low. What happened late 1950's early 60's? Cold war frighten people?

Darn those under 65 at risk groups, pretty much 3 sections in one. We would be flying otherwise :LOL:

Tbh I was shocked when I read this that's why it stood out to me and I remembered!!

But yes it's shocking however I think it's more how many have underlying conditions like diabetes