Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't know what you mean by that because it isn't true.
Issuing a FP isn't being all three. Arresting someone isn't being all three.
There was a time when most offences were dealt with by reporting someone for summons, or by arrest. Convenience and volume has necessitated FP etc.
In any event, the recipient of the police action can argue it in a Court.
The rule or law should be clear and easy to understand, not subjective.

It's not for Police or their Chiefs to interpret, that's a Police state.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I wasn't criticising the comment on demand, I agree there is demand. The logistics are to get a lorryload of vaccine and use, under supervision, people who have been trained to give IM injections. That's it. IM injection is not a very technically demanding task. Diversity and radicalisation training are not needed. Train them onsite in an hour, practice giving injections of placebo into an orange and off you go.
I agree, but Hogie does seem to think sometimes that there are cupboards and cupboards full of people, equipment, money, time and resources to train up loads of people for all sorts of possible requirements. I've heard of Money trees, but Hogie sees a forest?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rubbish
I've worn a visor and glasses in a supermarket and nothing steamed up whatsoever.
Quite...but that was the reason the bloke gave, and so my conclusion that some are not 100% totally committed to what we need to do.

What do I do if I am wearing glasses when going into a store? I take them off so they don't steam up. My eyesight isn't brilliant but it is good enough for me to find what I need to buy. And if I can't find it I ask an assistant. When I leave I put my glasses back on.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Having recently got a flue jab, the actual jabbing of it took the least amount of time. The admin around it, confirming who you are, and what else happened on the computer took longer. Three might be scope of using different qualified people there?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Quite...but that was the reason the bloke gave, and so my conclusion that some are not 100% totally committed to what we need to do.

What do I do if I am wearing glasses when going into a store? I take them off so they don't steam up. My eyesight isn't brilliant but it is good enough for me to find what I need to buy. And if I can't find it I ask an assistant. When I leave I put my glasses back on.
My glasses stay in the car, buying the same stuff anyway ;-)

D

Deleted member 16999

Re the driving to exercise, I understand it's necessary for some but it's more than that for others. The majority ive seen are using this as an excuse to have a day out with friends or other families. The amount of large groups I've seen in the local area is staggering, boils my pash it does.
We get them from Durham and beyond, Faceache/Instagram is full of posts from people travelling for their daily exercise.

Durham is only 11 miles via most direct route, but that still isn’t local imo.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree, but Hogie does seem to think sometimes that there are cupboards and cupboards full of people, equipment, money, time and resources to train up loads of people for all sorts of possible requirements. I've heard of Money trees, but Hogie sees a forest?
Not really. I see a very urgent objective; I see a solution to deliver that objective sooner rather than later, and with an earliest start date for it pretty well defined (Phase 1 completion); I see customer demand for that solution. All that is required is a plan to put in place the resource and logistics to deliver that solution.

Yes - we could have done with a plan to put in place more resource to deliver test and trace more effectively; or put more teachers or TAs in place for children return to school; or more retired (or ex-) NHS nurses onboarded to free up ITI/ICU nurses for the Nightingales for when the 2nd wave hits. And they all would cost money. It is a significant cost/benefit analysis - however the Magic Money tree has indeed been very giving on Rishi Sunak's shaking of it.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't know what you mean by that because it isn't true.
Issuing a FP isn't being all three. Arresting someone isn't being all three.
There was a time when most offences were dealt with by reporting someone for summons, or by arrest. Convenience and volume has necessitated FP etc.
In any event, the recipient of the police action can argue it in a Court.

I don't know what these covid penalties are. However I received a Section 59 for ludicrous reasons that were completely untrue. And even though I had a dash cam and telemetry of my driving, there was no way to appeal.

That was a semi permanent mark on my car that made me get pulled over stupid amounts following, and if I received another one my car would have been seized.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We get them from Durham and beyond, Faceache/Instagram is full of posts from people travelling for their daily exercise.

Durham is only 11 miles via most direct route, but that still isn’t local imo.

It's more the blatant meeting up with other people that grinds me, groups of 6 adults and 8 kids all side by side just isn't cricket. The best bit is when they make a huge point of stepping to the side when I go past on my bike like they're trying to socially distance from me ??

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A couple in Canada have been fined for breaking Covid curfew rules after the woman was caught "walking" her husband on a leash, according to local media. The woman reportedly told police that she was just out "walking her dog" near their home in the city of Sherbrooke, in Quebec.

On Saturday the province imposed a nightly curfew between 20:00 and 05:00. Walking a dog close to home is one of the only acceptable reasons to be outside between those times. The pair were spotted by police at around 9pm on Saturday night, just a short while after the new rules came into effect.

They reportedly told police that they were following the rule for pets. Isabelle Gendron, of the Sherbrooke Police Department, told the local newspaper La Tribune the couple "did not co-operate with the police at all".
They were each fined CA$1,546 ($1,212; £893).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's more the blatant meeting up with other people that grinds me, groups of 6 adults and 8 kids all side by side just isn't cricket. The best bit is when they make a huge point of stepping to the side when I go past on my bike like they're trying to socially distance from me ??

Does sound like their taking the Mick but so many loopholes or reasons

For example you can meet that one other person but kids under 5 don't count so my wife can go for a walk with the kids and another mum

Then support bubbles so we are a family of 5 with a support bubble of 2

So we can go out as a 7 for a walk

We don't ATM just an example

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
see also #14,069 ;):love:

Touché but I don’t continually whine about it :cool:

Edited to add: my whine was about people going against gov advice where as yours appear to be about people operating within gov advise as was pointed out by a few posters.

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Seems the over 50s in Wales (that's me!) will get vaccinated before the end March. Not sure if that is a concrete plan or an aspiration. Local TV news was bemoaning Wales has started slower than England in rolling this out. Hope this means normality for the Forum Meet at Woking, or at least by next Xmas! :)

Colleague in the Midlands' wife works in a Care Home, all staff and residents were vaccinated yesterday. They are delighted!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems the over 50s in Wales (that's me!) will get vaccinated before the end March. Not sure if that is a concrete plan or an aspiration. Local TV news was bemoaning Wales has started slower than England in rolling this out. Hope this means normality for the Forum Meet at Woking, or at least by next Xmas! :)

Colleague in the Midlands' wife works in a Care Home, all staff and residents were vaccinated yesterday. They are delighted!

Is obviously turning more into a post code lottery unfortunately. Glouster are saying they will be starting in 50+ end off Feb. In N Devon our supplies are governed by Exeter Health Trust and we have yet to really get going on care homes and our large vaccination centre has been shut more than it’s been open.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There do seem to be a lot more cars around than in lockdown Mk 1.
Basically I go to work, shop occasionally and go for walks. Don't know what everyone is doing.
Hopefully will be playing golf soon as we can but the course has been frozen.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There do seem to be a lot more cars around than in lockdown Mk 1.
Basically I go to work, shop occasionally and go for walks. Don't know what everyone is doing.
Hopefully will be playing golf soon as we can but the course has been frozen.

More work places open
Travel to support bubbles
Travel to pre schools
Travel to pick up click and collect shopping

Your right about more cars but many more reasons to be out in them

I miss the peace on the roads