Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am itching to start a thread on the omnishambles around Child hunger. It is a societal problem that has been ducked up by politics.

But new forum rules means I can’t start such conversation.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am itching to start a thread on the omnishambles around Child hunger. It is a societal problem that has been ducked up by politics.

But new forum rules means I can’t start such conversation.
Why are you mentioning this in a thread asking how Corona virus has affected you?

You could start a thread on it as long as it addresses the issue without making it political. Good luck with that.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why are you mentioning this in a thread asking how Corona virus has affected you?
Probably because Parliament has held a vote on extending free school meals during the crisis and like some of us he knows familes who’ll be affected, possible even friends of his kids(if he has them)

Does every post get the same scrutiny? I’m not sure some on here know Gary Lineker.?‍♂️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I kinda meant entry should've been denied at the door
No mask, no shopping, its not difficult

unfortunaetly Slab to some it is, Ave just read a post on FB from a ” pal” who was disgusted he was told he would not be served in a local shop as he had no mask. He forgot. He is now having a rant coz he has just got home from Tesco and has seen 9 folk without masks. Yet some folk are exempt. What does he not understand about that.

D

Deleted member 16999

Good news! A much needed measure and an issue that I'm sure unites everyone across the political landscape.
I’d hope so! I now our local foodbank is struggling as demand has increased, we’ve ran collections at the Golf Club from members wishing to donate and a few members themselves have donated as individuals as well.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably because Parliament has held a vote on extending free school meals during the crisis and like some of us he knows familes who’ll be affected, possible even friends of his kids(if he has them)

Does every post get the same scrutiny? I’m not sure some on here know Gary Lineker.?‍♂️
But they voted for it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Today Parliament has voted against extending free school meals until Easter 2021 over school holiday’s.
And by definition these children will be those of the poorest of society - and if a parent loses 1/3 of their take home due to Covid tiering work restrictions with UC top-up not going to arrive for 5 weeks after registering - well it’s going to be tough feeding these kids from the reduced family income, an income that was already pretty meagre, over the imminent school holidays. Some are getting affected and will be affected by the coronavirus a lot more than I. Desperate situation for many now and coming over the coming months.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
And by definition these children will be those of the poorest of society - and if a parent loses 1/3 of their take home due to Covid tiering work restrictions with UC top-up not going to arrive for 5 weeks after registering - well it’s going to be tough feeding these kids from the reduced family income, an income that was already pretty meagre, over the imminent school holidays. Some are getting affected and will be affected by the coronavirus a lot more than I. Desperate situation for many now and coming over the coming months.

Don't worry, the parents all spend their money on ipads and massive TVs apparently if that will help you sleep at night. You can't move for Range Rovers at the school drop off zone that the parents of free school meal kids are driving at our school.

And if we as a nation decided to spend money on helping to feed hungry children, money that is a minute fraction of what has been spent/wasted recently on various other stuff recently, then where will it all end? A slightly more fairer society?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s still on their website so you can keep up to date there.

Why relegate it to the website, do the BBC not think the English public are interested in knowing the daily figures. especially at this crucial time.
The BBC threatened to remove the Scots daily Covid briefings and there was uproar.

BTW I know who Gary Linecar is but seldom watch him....Lily Allen no idea what she does. Singer perhaps?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't worry, the parents all spend their money on ipads and massive TVs apparently if that will help you sleep at night. You can't move for Range Rovers at the school drop off zone that the parents of free school meal kids are driving at our school.

And if we as a nation decided to spend money on helping to feed hungry children, money that is a minute fraction of what has been spent/wasted recently on various other stuff recently, then where will it all end? A slightly more fairer society?
And there was me thinking political threads had been banned.