Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wash my hands every time I touch the bin whether that's throwing a couple of items into it or taking it out/bringing it in. By the very nature of it it's going to be crawling in germs.

Are we a nation of clatty filthy unhygienic animals? Why do we need to be told to wash our hands???
Pre Virus alert did you wash your hands or clean the glass when one of your mates carried your drink over to you from the bar ?.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He's the next in line, end if discussion really as to why he got the test.

Whether you agree or not is a different matter but a pointless debate as it's not going to change a single thing!

My sil is a nurse and coming home to my daughter with my 2 grandkids and he has more need of a test than someone with only mild symptoms, next in line to the thrown or not

But your right it’s not going to change anything so lm out.

Oh and btw this forum has many a pointless debate.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I wash my hands every time I touch the bin whether that's throwing a couple of items into it or taking it out/bringing it in. By the very nature of it it's going to be crawling in germs.

Are we a nation of clatty filthy unhygienic animals? Why do we need to be told to wash our hands???

Judging by initial shortage of hand sanitiser, hand wash panic buying and observations at work. Most are disgusting and need a reminder. Notice we didn’t get a shortage of toothpaste!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I read that in Scotland 10,676 covid tests have been carried out with 719 positive results, that's 93% negative results

I hope it means lots of the total number of tests being done are on NHS medical staff & they are coming back negative

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Being a bit of an aircraft nut I often look on Flightradar24. Tonight, 1 plane over Spain, 1 over France and 1 over the U.K.

Shocked... this is a bit scary...

Living in East Kent we are on a flight path in and out of the country. We haven't seen a plane for days

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
How did Charlie Get his test with only mild symptoms I wonder.?
Minister was asked exactly that on Peston but didn’t answer the question, poor from the presenter letting him off easily.
Frontline workers are more important than him.
As others have said, he's next in line, so of course he's going to get tested. (In the same way that he'd get medical care that the rest of us can only dream of). On the other hand, perhaps he paid for a private test? Private tests are available to anyone willing to part with the readies.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As others have said, he's next in line, so of course he's going to get tested. (In the same way that he'd get medical care that the rest of us can only dream of). On the other hand, perhaps he paid for a private test? Private tests are available to anyone willing to part with the readies.

I'd imagine its not just one test, I'd guess the royals (& many thousands of others with means/access) will be getting themselves tested daily throughout a 14 day isolation period until they know they/re clear

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My sil is a nurse and coming home to my daughter with my 2 grandkids and he has more need of a test than someone with only mild symptoms, next in line to the thrown or not

But your right it’s not going to change anything so lm out.

Oh and btw this forum has many a pointless debate.

Show me where I said anyone was more deserving of anyone else and we can continue your debate.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Pre Virus alert did you wash your hands or clean the glass when one of your mates carried your drink over to you from the bar ?.

Maybe its due to my line of work but yes I always regulary wash my hand I always have hand gel on my possession when at work etc.

As for bar, no I've never wiped down a glass but then again not being a drinker if I have a beer its usually in the house. And then again its usually a whisky.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
You know what it dont matter, ave gone through this thread to see what ave done wrong.
You know what..nowt.
I came away when the FOC said it was safe. Others came on holiday after me, others were hoping they could still go on holiday Others on here who have slagged me off had there holidays to different parts of the world cancelled by the same FOC Goverment dept. I adhered to the rules and others have. The difference is what?
My holiday is cut short because of the planks of this world that feel it is urgent to go to skegness for a candy floss. They could not understand the severity of this Covid. Something that you the forum members mentioned in great detail.
Guess what I put on a post about travel and Covid. My travel was deemed safe, the travellers to skegness etc not. And it is met by rabid abuse.
Scarcasm and the customary name calling which is now the norm. At the same time I am.looking from afar at a country that has gone to ***. Panic buying, lack of social distancing, robbing of NHS badges, profiteering. My country looks ugly from afar.
Guess what I mentioned about having to look 2 kids when I got home. The Banshee wailing rea had fever pitch. My daughter had spoken to 111 re our situation. There answer, there are hundreds of thousands of kids that will be going from parent to parent. And grandparents. IT IS SAFE AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NO COVID SYMPTOMS.
We do not have to isolate because we are returning on a.plane..we have to isolate be cause stephen wanted his Candy floss at Skeggy.
You know what ave trawled through over 100 plus pages of this topic and I asked a question re who else could the government ask to get advice.
Ironically I found it on post 548 I think it was written by Ethan. It is the best post by a country mile on here and yet I feel hardly anyone has read it. It gave me the answers i were looking for yet my question was met once more with rammel.
This Covid topic had degenerated from an informative subject into the normal name calling sarcastic drivel that is becoming the norm. Grown men calling one another names.
I could go on, but am not gonna waste my breath.
Everyone look after yourselves.

Putting aside everything else, who trawls through 100 plus pages of guff on a golf forum web site on holiday for essential advice on the coronavirus? Seriously, cultivate some better sources. If not you'll end up thinking that kids going to their grandparents is safe if they have no symptoms.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's the next in line, end if discussion really as to why he got the test.

Whether you agree or not is a different matter but a pointless debate as it's not going to change a single thing!
Nice example set by our future King.

Do any discussions on here change anything?
It’s opinion based that’s all.
But in a pandemic and national emergency people should not be able to pay for testing.

If you have the virus who would you like to see have the test ,Prince Charles or a Doctor.?

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just a thought ,many of our grandparents were asked to go and fight a war ,we are being asked to sit on a couch.
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Obviously I take your point, but I think that being able to do something is A Good Thing.
I have to work, and it's great to get out of the house and do something productive. I think that's a pretty natural reaction.
I'm obviously hoping that no-one shoots at me, but I am going through the West Mids, so who can say...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Turns out the lead nurse I am office sharing with at the moment as mine is now in a "hot" area for suspected or confirmed cases and therefore clinically unsafe for me to use, has gone off and the talk on the shop floor is he's tested positive. Not filling me with warm feelings at this moment in time. No-one seems to want to say yes or no and he's definitely self-isolating for 14 days

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Obviously I take your point, but I think that being able to do something is A Good Thing.
I have to work, and it's great to get out of the house and do something productive. I think that's a pretty natural reaction.
I'm obviously hoping that no-one shoots at me, but I am going through the West Mids, so who can say...

I basically think we're just a nation of selfish a-holes who don't like being told what to do. Absolutely zero discipline in this country.